• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice i wish i knew how to do it

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

If you ever decide to make these and sell them, put my name down. I have a week off next week, and I'm going to try and complete this, although I'm not too sure I'd be able to. I'm not the best when it comes to little things like this and following instructions. But wish me luck!

It is truly a fantastic DIY, you should be proud of yourself bro!

How long did it take you? a few days working all day on it? Also, in total, how many LEDs did you put in?
      Also, when you used the acetone on the gauges, they look a lot different from the stock. Did you buy aftermarket gauges?
      Last edited by YOanthony; 12-15-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Couldnt the color be done with out changing to LED's?Just use vinyl or stan the parts on the stock gauge you want what color you want then your set?Might not get the gangster bright glow, but im 99% sure you can just stan the stock guages for the color change.Correct me if im wrong.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
          Couldnt the color be done with out changing to LED's?Just use vinyl or stan the parts on the stock gauge you want what color you want then your set?Might not get the gangster bright glow, but im 99% sure you can just stan the stock guages for the color change.Correct me if im wrong.

Its all on opinion . I did the cluster the way you explained. And wasn't happy with the brightness. Ita not a gangster glow . A lot of the newer cars come with led gauges now and it jusr gives it a more crisp cleaner look in my opinion
          93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
          1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
          1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
          1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
          1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
          1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

Did you use blue or white leds on the accord gauge cause I tried blue ones and they were so bright that the blue vinyl didn't change the color at all. Also what needles will fit on our accord? You've mentioned that honda/acura and camry '99 needles will fit. Any others?! I would like to get clear ones but don't know where to find ones.

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
              If you ever decide to make these and sell them, put my name down. I have a week off next week, and I'm going to try and complete this, although I'm not too sure I'd be able to. I'm not the best when it comes to little things like this and following instructions. But wish me luck!

It is truly a fantastic DIY, you should be proud of yourself bro!

How long did it take you? a few days working all day on it? Also, in total, how many LEDs did you put in?
              Also, when you used the acetone on the gauges, they look a lot different from the stock. Did you buy aftermarket gauges?
              I might have one up for sale after new year. its from 92-93 Lx 4door auto
              too busy with holiday stuff to do any thing right now
              take me couple day that I don't have to work. a week turn around time basicly
              I think its around 30 white 12 red leds
              if you take out white tint from gauge face with aceton. yeah it appear brighter.
              and yes it stock gauge, junk yard is my fav to go.

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              yes it can be done with out changing to led, if you are not too concern about the brightness.
              but if you gonna go thru all the trouble off pulling out needle, recolor the gauge face. that seem too
              much trouble for little gain it appearnce.

Originally posted by MrSpeedy View Post
              Did you use blue or white leds on the accord gauge cause I tried blue ones and they were so bright that the blue vinyl didn't change the color at all. Also what needles will fit on our accord? You've mentioned that honda/acura and camry '99 needles will fit. Any others?! I would like to get clear ones but don't know where to find ones.
              I use white. best color to do since you have difference color filter.
              your red line mark will light up much brighter, I tried blue led, work great for blue color, but redline marker will be very dim.
              its hard to get blue light to light up red filter.
              as far as needle is concern. I get all the needle I can find from jy.
              camry, infiniti, maxima etc. then just try what ever match oem length,
              You may have to mod the hold for the pin to make it fit better. main important
              thing is the length. not too short if it too long you can cut it down.
              Last edited by blackex; 12-24-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Lmk when you have a plug and play ready to go. I'll get one. I even have an auto cluster for a donor if you need it.

click to see my ride
                click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
                  Lmk when you have a plug and play ready to go. I'll get one. I even have an auto cluster for a donor if you need it.
                  sure thing. some time after new year. I'll post it in for sale section.
                  if its 92-93 gauge I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                    Wow.....
                    x2!!!

& d00d if you're doing these up, let me know! Looks awsome!
                    Last edited by Raf99; 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                      I think I may have just made a circuit that can make the needles change color depending on vtec/ redline! Rather than using an IC to control the function, I think I may be able to use 3 transistors and a simple shift light. I'm gonna run the schematic by the electronics teacher at my college and see what he thinks tomorrow. Using your LED needle mod, blackex I think I may be able to come up with something very cool!
                      That would be crazy! Or have the RPM lights change as the needle goes higher.

(sorry for the double post)

Comment

Its from a 93 auto. Got it from a friend. He had already taken it apart and gave up on it so now I have it. the sooner the better man. I would love to have this mod in my car.

click to see my ride
                        click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          That would be crazy! Or have the RPM lights change as the needle goes higher.

(sorry for the double post)
                          Yeah! I got the circuit to work a few days ago. I just need to find some light up needles and a cluster now!

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
                            Its from a 93 auto. Got it from a friend. He had already taken it apart and gave up on it so now I have it. the sooner the better man. I would love to have this mod in my car.
                            cool is all the motor still work, If the pin and the needle have not been pull
                            then it would still be good. if not then I can salvage some other part from it.
                            cool!!!!

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Yeah! I got the circuit to work a few days ago. I just need to find some light up needles and a cluster now!
                            sweet. Don't tease us. post some pic and diagram mang!

Comment

Dont know how I missed this thread before, but just wanted to say that's some awesome work and the end result is as good as OEM.

props on some awesome work.

Comment

I have one up for sale it's 92-93 Auto with 157k on it plug N play unit ready to install
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172351

Comment

Working...
                                X