X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bustedhonda
    replied
    Originally posted by blackex View Post
    How much for a set of needles like this and just the leds for the needles in red?

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSpeedy View Post
    Where did you solder the resistor to the gauges? Couldn't find that in your pictures. Btw, the legend gauge is awesome!!! You've got creativity!
    Thanks bro.

They in there. just very small

Originally posted by UNeeKToNy View Post
    you should start up your own shop doing this. i bet u would make a lot of money from your fellow cb7 members. just a thought.
    These stuff are very time consuming. I'll never make enought to replace regular job. but maybe some thing on the side.

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
    Dude, you totally should start your own thing for this. Get a list of like 10+ people, pre-order or something like that and charge like $100 each. I would sooo be on that list.
    for group buy I may consider it.

for 10 set preorder I can do $ 100 each for sure.
    Last edited by blackex; 11-19-2010, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrSpeedy
    replied
    Where did you solder the resistor to the gauges? Couldn't find that in your pictures. Btw, the legend gauge is awesome!!! You've got creativity!

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Here is what I did for my lengend

Leave a comment:

• pninja82
    replied
    DAMN!!! Thats some truly impressive skill! I must say Id love to have a cluster like this in my car! Really awesome work!

Leave a comment:

• DariuszZ
    replied
    Dude, you totally should start your own thing for this. Get a list of like 10+ people, pre-order or something like that and charge like $100 each. I would sooo be on that list.

Leave a comment:

• stretch JDM
    replied
    damn man . you have sweet skills. pimp move of the week.

Leave a comment:

• UNeeKToNy
    replied
    you should start up your own shop doing this. i bet u would make a lot of money from your fellow cb7 members. just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Originally posted by Kash_619 View Post
    What is all needed to do the full led gauge??...Like a detailed parts list...I want to try it myself...=D...
    SMD LED white / red / blue (your choice)
    680 ohm smd resistor for gauge led
    470 ohm smd for needle
    blank clad copper board
    led layout templete
    needles of your choice
    soldering tools.
    cutting tools
    wiring
    color vinyl. (blue work best)
    acetone

don't recomend doing led indicator like turn signal, warning ligh, engine check light etc. don't look much difference and it don't stay on all the time any way.

I might do plug n play cuircuit board with led build in for sale later
    if any interested. so you don't have to do any soldering at all.
    just plug it into your bulbs socket and you have all your light source. the rest is just find your own
    needle and some miner stuff.
    around $65 shipped.

pics are coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Kash_619
    replied
    What is all needed to do the full led gauge??...Like a detailed parts list...I want to try it myself...=D...

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
    Also, you could use a GPS with a speedo to get an accurate speed.

Have you thought about selling pre-made boards at all? I would be down to buy the set of boards with or without LED's on them. I'm thinking of making something with a 3 color LEDs to light the RPM needle up with. (Blue-normal, Green-VTEC, Red&Flashing-Shift light) It would most likey take some chip programing with its own little control box, but anything is possible.
    Your thinking about RGB led. it can be done. just have to make it worth my time
    custom design the board just for one order.
    around 80 buck.

Leave a comment:

• EJX_Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by blackex View Post
    make sure new needle fit the motor pin, but fit snugly and still be able to pull
    in and out.

install your gauge with out needle or clear plastic cover.

run the car til it warm up at idle. then plug in your RPM needle where it usually idle at. little under 1k usually you may have to do it few time to get it right that is why you don't want the needle stuck in the motor pin.

same thing with Temp. plug it in where it normal point to when warm.

gas / you have to drive a while til your gas low warning light come on then plug in you gas needle near empty mark.

speed / cruise with your boy with another car, preffered newer car. have his car cruise around 60 when his car cruise at that speed then you know to plug in your speed gauge at 60 also, less traffic the better. so you can do it safely as possible.

may have to do this few time till you happy with the needle position.
    then you are done.
    Also, you could use a GPS with a speedo to get an accurate speed.

Have you thought about selling pre-made boards at all? I would be down to buy the set of boards with or without LED's on them. I'm thinking of making something with a 3 color LEDs to light the RPM needle up with. (Blue-normal, Green-VTEC, Red&Flashing-Shift light) It would most likey take some chip programing with its own little control box, but anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSpeedy View Post
    How do you attach new needles on the motors?
    make sure new needle fit the motor pin, but fit snugly and still be able to pull
    in and out.

install your gauge with out needle or clear plastic cover.

run the car til it warm up at idle. then plug in your RPM needle where it usually idle at. little under 1k usually you may have to do it few time to get it right that is why you don't want the needle stuck in the motor pin.

same thing with Temp. plug it in where it normal point to when warm.

gas / you have to drive a while til your gas low warning light come on then plug in you gas needle near empty mark.

speed / cruise with your boy with another car, preffered newer car. have his car cruise around 60 when his car cruise at that speed then you know to plug in your speed gauge at 60 also, less traffic the better. so you can do it safely as possible.

may have to do this few time till you happy with the needle position.
    then you are done.

Leave a comment:

• MrSpeedy
    replied
    How do you attach new needles on the motors?

Leave a comment:

• blackex
    replied
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla View Post
    would you mind me asking where you get all your supplies from ? i.e leds, resistors, boards. but your work is lookin great
    Ebay and radio shack. Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X