No announcement yet.

INT. full led gauge DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude as soon as my income tax comes I will pay you to make me one of these.

Ironic everyones asking for one and its the DIY section
    -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
      Dude as soon as my income tax comes I will pay you to make me one of these.

Ironic everyones asking for one and its the DIY section
      yeah it's very time consuming project. at least you know how it's done.
      hit me up when you ready, if I don't start second job yet I may have time to do it. I want to get as many as I can before I start working 7day a week.

Comment

wow very impressive, I know this is the DIY section but I would surely buy one if you do a group buy, but for a manual (it looks like quite a job!) For now guess I'm going to try to do it - thanks a lot for this post, great write up! The aftermarket ones look crappy @ night because the needles dont light up, maybe I'll try just the needles.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2037 View Post
          wow very impressive, I know this is the DIY section but I would surely buy one if you do a group buy, but for a manual (it looks like quite a job!) For now guess I'm going to try to do it - thanks a lot for this post, great write up! The aftermarket ones look crappy @ night because the needles dont light up, maybe I'll try just the needles.
          Yep I tried several after market and they all fail, I want it oem look not off the shelf stuff. I'll have manual one done later this week. Don't know if you should go with amber color this time. maybe.

Comment

Hey man. Got my led's today in the mail. Here is a look at what they will look like. This is the only one that I did real fast. I will finish the gauges tonight or 2maro.

Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

Originally posted by bustedhonda View Post
              Hey man. Got my led's today in the mail. Here is a look at what they will look like. This is the only one that I did real fast. I will finish the gauges tonight or 2maro.

needed in my life like right now.. do i supply you with one or you got it under control.. pm me bro please

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Originally posted by bustedhonda View Post
                looking good so far. Did you drill the hole slight bigger to let more light out or
                leave it stock?

Comment

No I didnt. Its the stock hole. I might do that tho

Comment

Well got mine all done. Take a look here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...32#post2729332

Comment

These are very nice! Get this guy a shop!!

Lou's Build Thread!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Still very impressive as always sir, I think as well as others that you deserve some kind of CB7T award for this. Looks like a very tedious process.

life is good.

Comment

is it posible to just use acetone on the back of the gauge and put a white wedge bulb in the gauge bulb socket?

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
                            is it posible to just use acetone on the back of the gauge and put a white wedge bulb in the gauge bulb socket?
                            yes its possible. you will have hot spot because you remove the tint that suppose to prevent hot spot.

Comment

wait hot spots is when you have some parts brighter then others right?

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
                                wait hot spots is when you have some parts brighter then others right?
                                yep. you may have notice the area closer to the bulb have thicker tint and fading out from there. when you remove that tint and still use same light source.
                                then the area closer to the bulb will be brighter than the area farther away.
                                that creating uneven brightness on your gauge face.

Comment

Working...
                                X