Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tommi
    replied
    thas a badass diy josh props, i still wanna see the cb bro.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    Originally posted by JDMHondaGuy
    Dose it matter witch wire goes in where in the sockets?... I wasen't sure if it mattered or not.
    Btw, Great DIY!
    the H4 lowbeams are bulbs with 3 pins, but only 2 are used... as long as you are using the correct two (which isnt an issue if youre using the stock JDM plugs that came with the JDM headlights) then no, it doesnt matter if you swap wires around.

Leave a comment:

• JDMHondaGuy
    replied
    [QUOTE=jsinger]As far as I know, no it doesn't matter. That or I just got lucky the first try on all four plugs. If you discover otherwise, just switch the terminals.
    ok thanks, i'll try it!

Leave a comment:

• ap716
    replied
    is there a need to re-aim the direction of the headlights? if so how do you do it?

Leave a comment:

• jsinger
    replied
    Originally posted by JDMHondaGuy
    Dose it matter witch wire goes in where in the sockets?... I wasen't sure if it mattered or not.
    Btw, Great DIY!
    As far as I know, no it doesn't matter. That or I just got lucky the first try on all four plugs. If you discover otherwise, just switch the terminals.

Originally posted by AlmightyAccord
    great DIY for ur first one
    Ty sir!

Leave a comment:

• LoS HimSelF
    replied
    great DIY for ur first one

Leave a comment:

• JDMHondaGuy
    replied
    Btw, Great DIY!

Leave a comment:

• jsinger
    replied
    Originally posted by hondaracer33
    Thank-you
    I used this from beginning to end.
    It was perfect.
    Thank you for using it! I am glad to hear it was useful!

Leave a comment:

• CB3
    replied
    Thank-you
    I used this from beginning to end.
    It was perfect.

Leave a comment:

• h22sparkle
    replied
    I once went jdm but looks nice but saw no point in it then converted back for one the bulbs where expensive,hard to reach the corner bulbs and such then i went back but great writeup though i give you that

Leave a comment:

• mcdizzle
    replied
    good write up, now only if i could afford sum jdm one peices

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    I'd say you did pretty good for your first DIY. Great pictures too!

Leave a comment:

• jsinger
    replied
    Originally posted by owequitit
    Great write up!

I have wanted to do this, but wasn't sure where to get the male sockets! You saved my behind.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to solder those pins as well. Then they would be that much more secure, but I doubt that it will prove to be an issue.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention soldering the connections as an alternative.

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    exactly how i did mine, thanks for taking the pictures and posting up a guide, now i can refer people to it when they ask about it.

perfect write up! the ONLY difference that i would suggest is in the picture below - instead of cutting the pins along the green lines like you said, id recommend cutting them at the red line. that way that extra bit of bare connection isnt left hanging out of the back of the connector... but then again, you can leave it and use it as extra support holding onto the wire insulation, but make sure its taped up well like you have in the pictures.
    Yeah that's what I did. I had that extra piece wrapped around the insulation. After I looked at some terminal pins at work though, I too would suggest cutting at the red line as you suggested. The ones at work were pre-cut in the same location.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    exactly how i did mine, thanks for taking the pictures and posting up a guide, now i can refer people to it when they ask about it.

perfect write up! the ONLY difference that i would suggest is in the picture below - instead of cutting the pins along the green lines like you said, id recommend cutting them at the red line. that way that extra bit of bare connection isnt left hanging out of the back of the connector... but then again, you can leave it and use it as extra support holding onto the wire insulation, but make sure its taped up well like you have in the pictures.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Great write up!

I have wanted to do this, but wasn't sure where to get the male sockets! You saved my behind.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to solder those pins as well. Then they would be that much more secure, but I doubt that it will prove to be an issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X