No announcement yet.

EXT: Wiring JDM Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to add a little more information to this thread.

The H4/H1 female plugs can be made by using 92-95 Civic or 95-99 Subaru Outback headlight plugs - both high and low beams.

Grab all four high and low beam plugs from a junkyard.

What you're going to have to do is remove one single pin on each plug. Polarity does not matter, so when it comes to soldering, it's up to you.

Here's a template I made:

Simply remove the TOP pin for the H4 (low beam), and the LEFT pin for the H1 (high beam). Solder them to male 9006/9005 plugs, and you're good to go.

Again, soldering onto specific wires from the 9006/9005 plugs doesn't really make a difference, as long as the bulbs are getting positive and negative continuity, they'll work.

A suggestion is to stick with the Outback plugs; because the Civic plugs are full of grease, which is kind of a nuisance to work with.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Been awhile since I've been here since I don't have my CB7 anymore, but I just noticed the pictures aren't working and I will get on that asap. I'm on a laptop at the moment and do not have access to the original photos at this time. I will get them uploaded to my photobucket account and fix the links asap! Thanks!
      RIP:
      1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
      1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
      Currently daily:
      1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

Fixed!
        RIP:
        1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
        1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
        Currently daily:
        1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]