• Show
Clear All

• jsinger
    replied
    Fixed!

Leave a comment:

• jsinger
    replied
    Been awhile since I've been here since I don't have my CB7 anymore, but I just noticed the pictures aren't working and I will get on that asap. I'm on a laptop at the moment and do not have access to the original photos at this time. I will get them uploaded to my photobucket account and fix the links asap! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Joshy
    replied
    Just wanted to add a little more information to this thread.

The H4/H1 female plugs can be made by using 92-95 Civic or 95-99 Subaru Outback headlight plugs - both high and low beams.

Grab all four high and low beam plugs from a junkyard.

What you're going to have to do is remove one single pin on each plug. Polarity does not matter, so when it comes to soldering, it's up to you.

Here's a template I made:

Simply remove the TOP pin for the H4 (low beam), and the LEFT pin for the H1 (high beam). Solder them to male 9006/9005 plugs, and you're good to go.

Again, soldering onto specific wires from the 9006/9005 plugs doesn't really make a difference, as long as the bulbs are getting positive and negative continuity, they'll work.

A suggestion is to stick with the Outback plugs; because the Civic plugs are full of grease, which is kind of a nuisance to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Gee92
    replied
    JDM lights wiring help...pls

Hi, i'm having prob see the pic step for the Wiring JDM Headlights in the DIY section and have trying everything to get around the Red X place holder on the site. If someone how have it in word or something that could email it to me. Thanks in Adv 4 any help.

Leave a comment:

• whitejdmcb7
    replied
    i just soldered all the same colored wires together (cheapo permenate way) and put the wires together on the corners

Leave a comment:

• accord-racing
    replied
    What does the third one wire to, the black one? the one that is on the high beam.

Leave a comment:

• Blk EX Coupe
    replied
    Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
    Does anyone have a picture of the H1 connecter? My jdm headlights didn't come with any bulbs or connections, so I was wondering what it looked like.
    ok, so I found some terminals that go onto some speakers that fit perfectly onto the H1 bulb, so do I just hook up both the positive and negative into this terminal?

I also tried test fitting my new H1 bulbs into the headlights and the clip doesn't hold it in place, is there some type of cover that goes over the bulb before the clip is attached?

Leave a comment:

• slammed90ex-r
    replied
    i totally didnt even think of doing it that way. it makes so much sense to do it
    that way. i gotta do this in the next little while i just need to get my hands
    on some h1 and h4 conectors and bulbs

Leave a comment:

• Blk EX Coupe
    replied
    Does anyone have a picture of the H1 connecter? My jdm headlights didn't come with any bulbs or connections, so I was wondering what it looked like.

Leave a comment:

• seigneur_rayden
    replied
    It's a personal choice. U choose whatever you want. But if you want to do as intended; then, connect it to the one that stays constant (when park is on) and doesn't blink. In others words, U connect it to the parking lights. If U do that just make sure Ur bumper lights work (so U don't get a ticket for no turn signal).

Leave a comment:

• ap716
    replied
    quick question since there are 2 sockets for the usdm corner lights what are we suppose to do?

Leave a comment:

• jsinger
    replied
    Originally posted by ap716
    i bought this easier and cheaper imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT
    Hmm. Yup. Definitely cheaper and more user-friendly. I never thought to check eBay. I just wanted to get the parts and make my own. I'm still happy I made my own though.

SUV lights now makes conversion harnesses like the one I made, but I think they are more than the ones in that eBay acution. They didn't have them when I made this DIY.

So I guess for the people that don't want to make their own and save some money, ebay is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• ap716
    replied
    i bought this easier and cheaper imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT

Leave a comment:

• goodfellayung'n
    replied
    nice

Leave a comment:

• JDMHondaGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by cp[mike]
    the H4 lowbeams are bulbs with 3 pins, but only 2 are used... as long as you are using the correct two (which isnt an issue if youre using the stock JDM plugs that came with the JDM headlights) then no, it doesnt matter if you swap wires around.
    Sweet! I got em' to work, thanks for ur help!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X