Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: JDM intersection lights wiring problem... solved!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick
    replied
    Originally posted by k_checo
    I have a question ...since you guys are connecting them to be hot when car is on and not blink ...how would I need connect them so that they would blink with my bumper lights? Would I need another relay or would I just need to tap the wires heading to bumper lights?
    why would you want them to blink?

Leave a comment:

• k_checo
    replied
    I have a question ...since you guys are connecting them to be hot when car is on and not blink ...how would I need connect them so that they would blink with my bumper lights? Would I need another relay or would I just need to tap the wires heading to bumper lights?

Leave a comment:

• ACCORDEX92
    replied
    gotta do this soon

Leave a comment:

• seigneur_rayden
    replied
    Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
    Okay, I bought a relay with intersection lights from manny about two months ago, and they came with a relay, but the coloring of the wires is different from the wiring diagram listed above....here are the wire colors.....

red/blue stripe
    black (obviously ground)
    orange
    green/white stripe
    red/yellow stripe
    orange/blue stripe
    orange/black stripe (big)
    orange/black stripe (small)

any clue which diagram matches these wires???

Ask Manny what car (make, model, year, trim,...) the relay came from. Then, U can do a search specifically on that. For example, U could check at the dealer or forums,... of that car.

On the other hand, U can try to guess and mix match. THis is on your own risk.
    Red/Blue - Power 12V
    Orange - High Beam
    Red/Yellow - Low beam
    Orange/Black (big/small)- Right Intersection
    Orange/Blue - Left Intersection
    Green/White - Right or Left signal
    Orange/black (small/big)- Left or Right signal

Again this is a just a guess using the original diagramm at the 1st page. Ur best choice would be to do what I said above about the source of the relay.

Leave a comment:

• 91hybridaccord
    replied
    Okay, I bought a relay with intersection lights from manny about two months ago, and they came with a relay, but the coloring of the wires is different from the wiring diagram listed above....here are the wire colors.....

red/blue stripe
    black (obviously ground)
    orange
    green/white stripe
    red/yellow stripe
    orange/blue stripe
    orange/black stripe (big)
    orange/black stripe (small)

any clue which diagram matches these wires???

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    the black one

Leave a comment:

• seigneur_rayden
    replied
    Okay, I checked but I'm still confused. Which one of the circle represents what Ur talking about for the 12V power lead And what size (gauge)of wire did U you use? Sorry, I ain't that good in electrical stuff
    If anybody else or moderator who did that or know the answers, please tell me?

Leave a comment:

• seigneur_rayden
    replied
    Thanks man, I'll check it today when the sun rises.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    sorry man aint got a computer anymore, gotta do this at moms now. shitty huh..

anyway it doesnt matter where the fuse is placed, traditionally it should be as close to the power source as possible. I ran the 12v lead to the fuse box under the hood. After your main fuse (like 85amp or something) so not on the battery side, get what im sayin? its to the left of where the battery cable enters, i just used one of those round crimp connectors with a screw hole in it.

Leave a comment:

• seigneur_rayden
    replied
    cincy90h22 or anyone else

Where did U connected the wire for the 12V source and how far did u place the fuse (control unit - Power source) ?

Leave a comment:

• f22-dohc
    replied
    any news on this??

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool
    ah i always love wiring diagrams! thanks for sharing your findings. now it's time to find the lights!

haha i feel the same way.. brings me back to highschool days from electronics class. i know now why i always got an A for the class

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    ah i always love wiring diagrams! thanks for sharing your findings. now it's time to find the lights!

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    whooooa finally i was planning to go the the junkyard and take out a module/relay from a old caddy or lincoln. but since you did this write up i will stick to what you did. great job.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by f22-dohc
    back...

i was in a rush... i took a relay corner lamp on the kick panel

i have the wiring diagram, tried it, and doesnt work. it still flashes.

wrong part?????
    it flashes? maybe it is wired different than the above model, ill pull up a diagram from a newer model and check it out tommorow. it shouldnt flash if it was hooked up wrong it just wouldnt work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X