Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: JDM Pwr folding mirror install w/diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the JDM PFM from a 5thGen won't work huh? That is what your saying right?
    GangGreenGang 330kmiles Strong

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreenGang
      So the JDM PFM from a 5thGen won't work huh? That is what your saying right?
      yes it will not fit

only cb will fit cb to my knowledge

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

How do power folding mirrors operate? Is there a switch you hit to make them fold/ unfold or is it automaticly done when do turn the key or something?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

the pfm switch has a button for folding

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Do anyone know how to take out the glass mirror part out, because its true you can't see anything threw the JDM PFM, and I was wondering is it possible to switch/remove over the USDM glass mirror part into the JDM mirror covers?
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by 92ACCORD_CB7
              Do anyone know how to take out the glass mirror part out, because its true you can't see anything threw the JDM PFM, and I was wondering is it possible to switch/remove over the USDM glass mirror part into the JDM mirror covers?
              On the USDM mirrors there are three little screws/holes on the bottom side of the mirror. ONce you remove those, the mirrors come lose, but they are still attached to the wire harness. Not sure how the JDM mirrors are.

I'm thinking it's hard to see through the JDM mirrors because they are set up for RHD. You need to switch the mirrors from your USDM into the JDM housing. DUnno if it's the same, but here's a link to doing this exact thing on Prelude JDM mirrors. I bet it's similar:

http://www.preludezone.com/showthread.php?t=745
              Last edited by BlackPearl2006; 05-10-2008, 08:22 PM.
              My Ride (Click here)

Comment

How do they activate?

Is it one-touch and they open? Or is it like power windows/sunroof where you have to hold down the button until it's completely folded or unfolded into position, then let go? Is there a seperate button/position for opening versus closing? Or is it the same button?

Also, I'm wondering if there's a way to add our own aftermarket actuators to stock USDM mirrors as a cheaper alternative to buying JDM pfm
                My Ride (Click here)

Comment

press the button once and it folds, press again and it unfolds. don't have to keep your finger there. it's a fun little mod and NO you can't mod the actuator into the USDM mirrors. they are completely different.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                  X