• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i understand
    and even though i said it, im kinda going there with u
    yeah the blacktrax will help

shitt 2 black trax spacers, hondata im gasket, would be a nice mix
    but some people think by using the BT spacer is gonna make most of the heat dissipate, after the air goes through the TB and cools a little in the process of going through the spacers it still get hot again cuz of the runners touching the head, thus eliminating the heat at its source would be ur best bet

this is the DIY section, so this is a low budget performance adder, and thinking bout it for all that trouble some people preffer to save up for the skunk2 or euro r IM but that takes the fun out of it, then people cant enjoy what uve done cuz basically u just bought something already made
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      i understand
      and even though i said it, im kinda going there with u
      yeah the blacktrax will help

shitt 2 black trax spacers, hondata im gasket, would be a nice mix
      but some people think by using the BT spacer is gonna make most of the heat dissipate, after the air goes through the TB and cools a little in the process of going through the spacers it still get hot again cuz of the runners touching the head, thus eliminating the heat at its source would be ur best bet
      I dont think people are trying to cool down their air intake temps with the spacer, but trying to increase their runner lengths.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
        I dont think people are trying to cool down their air intake temps with the spacer, but trying to increase their runner lengths.
        if so here u go

Comment

so losi any comments on performance for the a6?
          well I'm still trying to get her up and running again, I just gotta install the dizzy, fill coolant and tension the timing belt then it should be good to go.
          Last edited by Losiracer2; 06-11-2008, 04:27 AM.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yeah i ran into a problem w/ trying to tension the TB. when i finally thought it was tensioned, i turned the crank w/ my ratchet and the engine stopped rotating. So it not going to be running for a while...or until I find a impact gun to take the crank pulley off.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              Did you use one empty plate, and one plate with the IAB's still in it? If so, that is probably why. I would expect similar results to the blacktrax dynos, and the IAB plates make a restriction up top.

By far the best gains on the H22 came with two empty plates. There was no real loss down low, and a VERY good gain up top. About 8 whp if I remember correctly.
              no. I had both my iab's deleted. i think what may have also contributed to the lower power surge was my cold air intake.
              When i had this setup, i swapped it back to the short ram intake and actually did notice, that it lagged a lil on the bottom but gained a noticably difference up top.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

well my car finally got running! and the IAB's really free things up the upper RPMs and down low I can feel more grunt. But then again. I deleted my balance shafts/belts, i added the Bisimoto IM gasket, and now have compression, and had a top end rebuild, SOOOO that might also change things lol. But heres a video of what it sounds like:

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

now.. i want a video 1st - 3rd pull.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

With the help of Jesus(blackcb7) we managed to put together an h22 upper plenum with two iabs(1 gutted) and an a6 lower plenum. Neuspeed bar cleared with about a half inch of clearance of the Accord AEM CAI.

Overall it sounds more mean, havent noticed any big performance differences but the car does feel more responsive.

I couldnt get to any AC compressors from the junkyard to I just went to ace hardware and got (2)8x1.25 x100 and (3)8x1.25 x80 (even though I think 90 would fit also). The total was about 1.45 per bolt, so do the math.
                    Last edited by ikayto; 06-16-2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^

Ecu
                      Cam
                      Good Header

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^

Ecu
                        Cam
                        Good Header
                        running the pt6 w/ dc ceramic header on the f22...cam ehh a little too aggressive for me.

Comment

. Neuspeed bar cleared with about a half inch of clearance of the Accord AEM CAI.

hmmm...so it DOES clear the Neuspeed bar!? good b/c my *** Ebay one doesn't so i had to remove it. Oh but the Accord AEM CAI is only 2.5" vs. my 3".

Mind taking a pic of it from the front? lol, then I can look at mine and see if its doable.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Overall it sounds more mean, havent noticed any big performance differences but the car does feel more responsive.
                            I noticed it takes much less effort to pass someone when in fourth or fifth gear just cruising.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

running the pt6 w/ dc ceramic header on the f22...cam ehh a little too aggressive for me.
                              got the cam for u

Comment

picked up an extra spacer form an a6 mani at the juckyard today.. already for my first one cleaned up and about half in the a6 runners polished up.. just gotta clean out the inside of the runners and break down this second one. how do u remoce the butterfluies holding bar that goes through the whole spacer i didnt see any bolts on it? also where do i get those bolts u used? a 90 lude AC compresser?? or what lol

8 Accords so far:
                                '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                                '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                                (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
                                X