Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EsperHamid
    replied
    Thanks for this DIY man, I might do it after I finish other stuff, been searching for such a
    DIY ... many thanks

Leave a comment:

• xkjnboix
    replied
    nice write up imao be doing this when i swap out headers and bushings one day haha. ill do the RTV too prob hit up orileys ( its the red hig temp scilicone correct >>? )

Leave a comment:

• 93F22A6
    replied
    Good diy, nice pics too. I need to do this to my CB here soon. Maybe fri or sat. That and change my axle and brake pads at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• CB7Man
    replied
    Thats wierd that the ilustration shows a tiny curved seal on the H22 oil pan gasket.

My JDM H22 had a full oil pan gasket (No RTV, and it didnt leak)
    I went to the dealer and purchased a new Pan and full seal for $53 ALL OEM

Leave a comment:

• ibr_adam09
    replied
    awesome diy

Leave a comment:

• cvc7chris
    replied
    Originally posted by js593 View Post
    Everything should be torqued down accordingly. Chris, if i were you, i would put that thig back up on stands, and do it again, There is a reason why people put RTV on there. The rigid lines in thegasket is where is typically doesnt seal, and even honda techs recommend highly that you use Permatex RTV in places recommended.
    I might do that tommorow since my friend is gonna be around to help me.
    now it's easy cuz i don't have to remove anything just toque em down..
    and maybe get some RTV If i can find some

Leave a comment:

• js593
    replied
    Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
    Nice man..

Um i just tightened them enough..but i went from one side to the other etc etc..
    to make sure i wasn't tightening one side more
    Everything should be torqued down accordingly. Chris, if i were you, i would put that thig back up on stands, and do it again, There is a reason why people put RTV on there. The rigid lines in thegasket is where is typically doesnt seal, and even honda techs recommend highly that you use Permatex RTV in places recommended.

Leave a comment:

• cvc7chris
    replied
    Originally posted by 90goldcoupe View Post
    I got tired of the rubber gasket splitting so I replaced my oil pan with an aluminum oem h22 oil pan that uses rtv to seal against the block with a tiny rubber gasket that goes in the back curved portion of the oil pan. Here is a pic of the pan.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+BLOCK-OIL+PAN
    Nice man..

Um i just tightened them enough..but i went from one side to the other etc etc..
    to make sure i wasn't tightening one side more

Leave a comment:

• 90goldcoupe
    replied
    I got tired of the rubber gasket splitting so I replaced my oil pan with an aluminum oem h22 oil pan that uses rtv to seal against the block with a tiny rubber gasket that goes in the back curved portion of the oil pan. Here is a pic of the pan.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+BLOCK-OIL+PAN
    Last edited by 90goldcoupe; 06-21-2008, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• westsideaccord
    replied
    How tight did you torque the pan bolts to? I know that if you just use gasket maker its 10ft lbs but if you were to tighten a rubber gasket that tight it would split and push out the edges, I would know! lol

Leave a comment:

• cvc7chris
    replied
    Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
    thats the flywheel cover you're talking about.
    yea =)

Im not a Mechanic..i don't know all these parts names haha..
    i just knew it had to be removed..i was scared oil or something would drop out haha

Leave a comment:

• minoreparations
    replied
    thats the flywheel cover you're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• cvc7chris
    replied
    yea sometimes the Sealant will keep it stuck

someone told me to like bang it with something..a hammer lightly or something
    not sure though..
    mine just dropped. make sure theres nothing in the way..

you do have to remove this metal thing with 3 screws that goes on the oposite side from where the Screw is on the oil pan..

it's easy why i forgot about (damn i have no pic of that)
    Edit:
    These are the 3 screws...that i took off before i took the oil pan out..it's a Metal Flywheel Cover it will hold up one side of you oil pan
    unless you take it out
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 06-21-2008, 02:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• benjerman112
    replied
    Okay i did all that and still the pan wont drop i was told it might be HONDA BOND what do i do know?

Leave a comment:

• minoreparations
    replied
    looks like your oil pickup got banged up too.

i did my oil pan while it was on the engine hoist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X