X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna see pics of this!

i got regular red paint..

you think that will hold up?
    or does it need to be that metal cast paint?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
      i wanna see pics of this!

i got regular red paint..

you think that will hold up?
      or does it need to be that metal cast paint?
      metalcast is essentially just a candy paint that allows the metal its on to show through. normal paint should be fine, if not better, durability wise than metalcast.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm doing the ghetto version of this!
        Regular blue paint and OEM washers and bolts !
        see how it turns out

Ok final result!
        Should I clear coat them?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by radiuslight; 09-19-2008, 08:18 PM. Reason: New content

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
          The paint is going to chip off when you put a socket or a wrench on those...
          Thats cool dude.....reason why I did it........when my cb was hit the fuckers at the body shop painted them white and they were ugly as hell....so I sanded the shit out of every bolt and painted them blue!

Comment

normal washers dont look as good as the curved donut ones.

Comment

Orderd some from my local fastenal.

They made me buy a bag of 100 washers for $8 though...

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                normal washers dont look as good as the curved donut ones.
                True that! I will get those PWJDM washer later!
                Right now I was just cleaning the engine compartment up a bit.......it not that hideous anymore! Spare paint it looked worse before!
                Also the paint only knicked off like from 4 bolts just slightly!

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post

ship me some in a envelope lol

i might do this idunno yet!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                    True that! I will get those PWJDM washer later!
                    Right now I was just cleaning the engine compartment up a bit.......it not that hideous anymore! Spare paint it looked worse before!
                    Also the paint only knicked off like from 4 bolts just slightly!
                    lol the whole point of this thread is so you DONT waste money with the password jdm ones and get a nice alternative.

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post

Still better than 30 washers for 15 bucks at passwordjdm lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      lol the whole point of this thread is so you DONT waste money with the password jdm ones and get a nice alternative.

Still better than 30 washers for 15 bucks at passwordjdm lol.
                      try 5 washers for $17! if it was 30 for 15, there wouldnt be a single m6 bolt on my car that wasnt switched over!

the hex-cap bolt/stainless washer combo doesnt do so well as fender bolts, the black on the bolts allows water from the hood gap to get through to the steel of the bolt and it rusts. i am in the process of painting my hex-caps rustoleum matte black. they look great so far, i'll post pics when i'm done.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Gotem...

The price the guy wanted me to pay was like $25 for 25 bolts and 100 washers

I was like holy crap!

So he took the shipping charge off due to a "store error," And added that the hardware was for farm use thus giving me a discount and tax exempting me! \

Got the total cost to $15.78 Not bad... They look great! I also preformed a semi-wire tuck for a nice touch.

Oh and cvc7chris I'll Pm you.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                          try 5 washers for $17! if it was 30 for 15, there wouldnt be a single m6 bolt on my car that wasnt switched over!

the hex-cap bolt/stainless washer combo doesnt do so well as fender bolts, the black on the bolts allows water from the hood gap to get through to the steel of the bolt and it rusts. i am in the process of painting my hex-caps rustoleum matte black. they look great so far, i'll post pics when i'm done.

thats why i use 90% oem stuff, cause its more cost efficient
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                            thats why i use 90% oem stuff, cause its more cost efficient
                            Yea...those special washers dont look like they could hold up anything on the 90-93 accords.....but they sure as hell look nice!
                            I finished installing the OEM washers and bolts and only 4 stripped the paint slightly.....good enough for me does not look bad at all!
                            I like the hex heads with the big washers.....might do that but I will paint mine...starting to like how it looks
                            Last edited by radiuslight; 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

those are great ideas guys I never though of the small things like that could make the engine bay look sweet and tidy

Comment

TASAUTO sells them also

Comment

Working...
                                X