DIY Valve Spring Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    ^Yes it is possible to do, only diff. is you need to pressurize the cyl. to hold each valve up in position. This can be done w/ an air compressor or you can also feed some string or rope into the cyl. (when near BDC, then raise to TDC to compress) to fill the chamber. I will be doing my valve seals when I install my camshaft on my F22A6, head stays right where it is!
    yes, thank you, internet high five!

Comment

Originally posted by Luna92 View Post
      So you thinking about starting a shop?
      The thought has crossed my mind but I'm not sure how tangible it is w/ the market where it is at, plus I just moved to FL and have no rep locally. If I decide to start importing engines again, I'll probably open a shop as well but for the mean time I'm playing the role of "Joe Tuner" and going back to college.

Comment

Originally posted by boostdeliquent View Post
        The thought has crossed my mind but I'm not sure how tangible it is w/ the market where it is at, plus I just moved to FL and have no rep locally. If I decide to start importing engines again, I'll probably open a shop as well but for the mean time I'm playing the role of "Joe Tuner" and going back to college.
        oh thats cool, yea thats where im at in college. well i hope things great and keep up the good work.

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

Thanks. On the bright side, I still have all my connects and can get hella pricing on JDM CB7 parts that most suppliers don't import. That's not to say my supplier will spend all day looking for certain parts, but when I order parts for my own build, I'll see if anyone else wants to go in on a crate with me, and just hook up the parts at my cost.

Comment

so quick you say you can get jdm parts how much for some one piece headlights?

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

Originally posted by Luna92 View Post
              so quick you say you can get jdm parts how much for some one piece headlights?
              I don't have my pricing sheet in front of me but they're either $80 or $120, iirc.

Comment

I don't have my pricing sheet in front of me but they're either $80 or $120, iirc.
                thats a good price man. id buy from you in a second.

heres a question: can you show us how to put compression in the cylinder? i dont see how you do that. or do you just just blow air in there with the air hose?

Comment

Harbor freight FTW. Granted the tools aren't name brand, they still come w/ lifetime replacement and do the job just fine for me. If I were to open up a tuning shop where I was using the tools all day every day, I would then drop the coin on some nice tools.
                  Harbor Freight is CRAP! everything i bought there ended up breaking same day. GO BUY QUALITY TOOLS... OTC, KD Tools, or Lisle.
                  either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                    thats a good price man. id buy from you in a second.

heres a question: can you show us how to put compression in the cylinder? i dont see how you do that. or do you just just blow air in there with the air hose?
                    I've always had the heads off the block when I removed the valves since I normally clean up the ports while I'm at it. As for how to do it, I would think there should be an air compressor attachment that screws into the spark plug hole to pressurize the cylinder. Like I said though, I've never personally done it that way.

Originally posted by trah View Post
                    Harbor Freight is CRAP! everything i bought there ended up breaking same day. GO BUY QUALITY TOOLS... OTC, KD Tools, or Lisle.
                    I've never had any issues with anything I've bought there yet so IDK what to tell you on that one. I will agree the tools aren't the best however it's not like I need anything that's super high quality for me to do my shade tree mechanicing.

Comment

this is good to show everyone the correct way to do it.

personally i just take a socket that fits on top of the retainer, and give it a good wack, then pull the keepers out with a magnet.

Comment

ok so i have that tool, but i dont see how you place it. there is no room at the bottom of the spring and when you put it on the spring it pulls it up and not pushes it down. i know you dont and arent supposed to put it on the spring it self. i feel like an idiot this isnt that hard to do,,, just the first time. lol help!

Edit: nvm guys i just used a hammer and a socket.
                        Last edited by esskater892; 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM.
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride
                        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Working...
                        X