No announcement yet.

ENG: Polishing The Valve Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine didn't come out so well, not even close to what yours looks like. I'm going to see if i buy an attachment to my drill so i can polish it that way, cause doing it by hand sucks balls.

Comment

that is a good idea. you will get nowere fast by hand. also steel is much harder than aluminum, so it takes longer, but it will have more of a mirror refection than the cast aluminum valve cover. unless you are polishing aircrart quality alumium (t6061) . later
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

here is the final peice to my puzzle

later.
        Last edited by TypeG; 01-21-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

check out this before-after:

later.
          Last edited by TypeG; 01-21-2006, 02:07 AM.

Comment

here are some tools to use. later.

Last edited by TypeG; 01-21-2006, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              yes it is daily driven with 208,000 miles. there are a lot of other things u can't see like this:

and this:

later
              That looks good, it must take you a long to keep it clean and shinney
              ACCORDEX92
              CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

hmm, thought about doing too, but i just installed new gaskets and whatnot after a valve adjust. oh well, til next time
                If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                  here are some buffing wheels to use. later.

were did you get the heater control knobs and how did you do the dash lay

VTEC I dont need no stinkin Vtec

Comment

Originally posted by Evo16gaccord
                    were did you get the heater control knobs and how did you do the dash lay
                    the heater control knobs came from an old radio and the dash kit came from NYCdashes. later.

Comment

ill be 100% doing this

TypeG your accord is insane...love it..so clean and schmick
                      looks like you could eat off that engine bay
                      my kitted cb7

Soarer Source | The Home Of The Toyota Soarer and Lexus Sc300 sc400

Comment

ohh typeg your my new hero!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

do you have to replace the gasket when putting the valve cover back on? if not this is next on my to-do list with some body-matched paint. how much is a gasket if i do have to replace it?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

yes and its $10. not bad at all. later.

Comment

i was thinking about doing that i have polishing wheel and rouge i figured i would mechine polish it .....
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Looks good, TypeG is a polishing fanatic. i think theres some self help classes you can take G to help you with your polishing fetish LOL!
                                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Working...
                                X