ENG: Fuel Charcoal Canister Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Fuel Charcoal Canister Delete

I did some online research on different methodologies and after following the fuel vapor line from tank to engine bay/charcoal canister, I found the easiest functional & cleanest way was to:

1) Remove red hose from firewall metal fuel vapor line to charcoal canister, replace with longer red hose from canister to TB.

2) Remove charcoal canister, leaving large drain hose in place.

3) Route longer red hose from vapor metal line into/inside large canister drain hose, install hose clamp around it lightly snug not to collapse hose.

4) Install vacuum caps on any open ports on the intake piping or intake manifold that remain.

5) This is simple and retains canister drain hose that is nicely braced and has a neat baffle end-fitting that allows ventilation with some protection.

6) This method also retains the stock 2-way valve that retains gas in liquid form in the gas tank, to prevent spillage in rollover accident.

EDIT: My reasons for removing this canister was to utilize this firewall area for a catch can setup for a clean install. Also, I already had my emissions box (contains canister purge solenoid) removed with only the MAP sensor being used anyhow.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Pictures?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93f22a6 View Post
      pictures?
      X2
      My ride History:
      Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
      Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
      Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
      -----------------------------------
      1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

we are visual learners
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

nice idea

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

What's the point of removing the canister? From what I can remember it doesn't help nor hinder performace.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_dr_p View Post
              What's the point of removing the canister? From what I can remember it doesn't help nor hinder performace.
              Clean up the engine bay

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

it also makes it easier to reach things and get to other parts in your bay

Comment

charcoal canister just slides out lol.

Comment

Ya that's kind of what I figured.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      we are visual learners
                      x2 visual and hands on just to add to it. Often times as we mess with and modify our cars we learn things that we would never learn from a forum. As in broken and rusted bolts and nuts and how to get them off. Forums are a great thing I as well as others have learned a lot from them. But some things you cant just look at pictures of and read about you have to experience it. Also every car is different from the amount of wheather damage its taken to the amunt of abuse from the driver it has taken. Thus making the most common problem unique to each individuals car.
                      -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

Comment

Sorry, don't have a working digital camera, we plan on getting one at end of this year. Also, they are detailed instructions anyone can follow. I added my reasons for the removal as well.

Comment

you have smog checks in your area?
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i yanked this shit out in both of my cars and my friends delsol. screw that shit

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                              you have smog checks in your area?
                              Not in Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                              X