Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: Setting Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
      Are either one of these the IACV? I don't remember what they are called.
      Left is IAC, right is FIT.

Comment

After doing this (exactly per instructions) my idle is at 1000 rpm. I am using an H23 intake manifold and throttle body. Does that matter?

Comment

Great write up, will be using this tomorrow to set my base idle!
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
            Great write up, will be using this tomorrow to set my base idle!
            Can you take a picture of the location of that screw...I have slight understanding where it is and want to be sure....Those that have no understanding will benefit greatly with a picture.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Okay, so I followed all the steps, and when I have the IACV disconnected, it idles at 600 rpm, but when I hook it back up it idles at 1200 rpm. I have pulled the backup/radio fuse and don't know what else to do here.

Comment

Also, now when i drive it sputters and lurches forward. No idea why tho

Comment

Originally posted by ctrain103
                  Tried to set the base idle and now the idle jumps up and down from 200 to 1500 rpm. Ive set the idle before using this thread and it worked fine in the past
                  Cool story!

Are you looking for help? You should either 1) provide more details here by editing your post (or make a new one I suppose...) or 2) create a new thread detailing your issue, including what happened that caused it (i.e. something went wrong during your adjustment, but what?) as well as what prompted you to take action (there must have been something wrong, some symptoms you were trying to diagnose/alleviate).

Comment

I have an h23 IM also and my idle is stuck @ 1000 as well no matter how much I adjust. Is there something else I should be looking into?
                    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                      I have an h23 IM also and my idle is stuck @ 1000 as well no matter how much I adjust. Is there something else I should be looking into?
                      You should really start another thread if you need help, this is a DIY.

It's a good chance your throttle cable is too tight.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                        Can you take a picture of the location of that screw...I have slight understanding where it is and want to be sure....Those that have no understanding will benefit greatly with a picture.
                        I've got one we can use.

on the right TB by the top in-between the nut and the hose/nipple thingy, the copper thing with the line on it.
                        Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Working...
                        X