Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are plugged to begin with. You unplug them to clean them, then plug them back up.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
      would be nice if we could get a huge list of available ECU's and their applications for a good idea of what they're capable of and what they might be able to run. So accordaffair, is there something I'm missing here? I searched the member list and I see a MrXzUbErAnT, that's the closest thing I see to an MRX...?
      alot of info on this site.
      http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/inde...howtopic=29826

91 ex 1badwag
      91 lx wag (aka the beater)
      92 ex 4-door
      HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i still didnt read ne thing on power gains. did u get ne? if u did then how much?

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
          i never dealt with the IAB so keep us posted
          i must ask ....isnt there a pink and blue wire already in the loom the pluggins by the strut ?? my cb3-7 had a 2.0 motor and when i did the f22a3 swap there was a pink wire and blk yellow wire there so i just pinned it in for the by pass valve (iab black box ) just a thought

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

1. no one is thread jacking, this is appropriate and perhaps might even need its own thread.

2. As far as power gains, I don't have any proven dyno sheets, but there was a definate increase after 4000 RPM - i'll say around 5-7 hp. Plus it sounds cooler haha.
            BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

2. As far as power gains, I don't have any proven dyno sheets, but there was a definate increase after 4000 RPM - i'll say around 5-7 hp. Plus it sounds cooler haha.
              I second that. I love the sound the car make after about 4000 rpms. It's sounds like its got some balls now.

Comment

amen brother. i'm used to the sound now, but before when i first did the swap, it was amazing. Consider it a Mini-VTEC. hah. that's the best way i can describe it.

I don't know if it's just the H23 manifold, but it makes the car sound like a mini DOHC car after 4000 rpm
                BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

this sux i dont see the pictures is anyone else having this problem? i need the pictures they are VERY VERY HELPFUL.

Comment

NOOBE Question

Why can't you just toss the everything from the boost plate up and leave the F22 lower on?
                    Thanx
                    Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
                    Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

I have no idea what you mean, I don't know what a boost plate it...but if you are referring to using an h23 plenum and an f22a1 manifold, it won't work because the h23 (and f22a6) setup uses four extra holes. Please clarify for me at least.

Comment

i did this awhile back and i still dont have the vacuume hoses right its killing me and ya the dual runners kick in after 4000rpms and it feels gr8 good write up by the way

Comment

First and foremost this is quite possibly the best written DIY I've seen to date. Extremely well done!

I do hold a few questions though. I noticed you have an intake. I saw it in both the before and after pictures but I have to clarify anyway, does the intake fit both? Meaning could I re-use the stock airbox if I dont have an intake as of yet.

Also. Early on you mentioned that you could use the F22 DOHC manny with the F22 engine. Well along these lines, would the H23 manny work if I did the F22b DOHC head swap?

Thanks a bunch!
                          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                          ┴─┴
                          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

no u cant use the stock intake, unless u get some sort of adapter! lol im stuck on that right now, new intake on the order =T sigh, also my cars not starting now, i dunno where ive couldve gone wrong, lol, car has power, its cranking, but its not starting.. HMM
                            Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                            RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

hopefully your distributor didn't quit...^^

Comment

Originally posted by bboygreddy
                                no u cant use the stock intake, unless u get some sort of adapter! lol im stuck on that right now, new intake on the order =T sigh, also my cars not starting now, i dunno where ive couldve gone wrong, lol, car has power, its cranking, but its not starting.. HMM
                                you can use the stock intake, all u gotta do is remove the bracket that holds the aircleaner in place down by the battery, this allows the box to be moveable, hell i'm using an intergra short ram pipe on mine, i'm dam sure if a teg pipe fits with some cuts, the stock pipe should fits fine...people keep telling me, " dam man i can hear you coming up the road, thats one sick sounding motor..........WHAT, you got a STOCK AIR BOX too, NO WAY!!!!"
                                93 Accord- SOLD
                                94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Working...
                                X