Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cokinut discussed this in his diy h23 IM. You're gonna wanna check there.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

k thanks, ive read through it a whole bunch of times, but never noticed that part. im gonna prolly start taking it apart tonight after i eat dinner.

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
        The manifold I have doesn't have a place to put the air starting valve. I'm a bit concerned with the intake manifold I got because it didn't come with a thermostat housing either. Anybody know what the deal is here?
        on the H manifold the ASV gose on the front (where the FITV "fast idle thermo valve", on the A6 is located). on the H manifold the FITV is on the bottom of the TB.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
          on the H manifold the ASV gose on the front (where the FITV "fast idle thermo valve", on the A6 is located). on the H manifold the FITV is on the bottom of the TB.
          Figure that out a looong time ago but thanks for actually taking the time to respond also, jdm IM(h22) have a block off plate for the air boost valve. I would take mine off if I had one too.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

does it matter if my h23 IM is from a manual or auto tranny? and secondly, If it does matter (I have an auto) and its from a manual tranny what do i need to do? sorry in advance if this was already covered, ive read through the walkthrough so many times and cant recall see'n something about it. thanks

Member Ride Facebook
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

All you need to do is swap the throttle rotor, which cokinut tells you how to do.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

a buddy of mine recommended that i bore out my h23 intake manifold before i install it, i can get it done for about 50 bucks. would you guys recommend it?

should i also replace my injectors? how do i tell if they need to be replaced?
                Last edited by UrDoneSRH; 08-24-2006, 07:22 PM.

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

so h23 intake manifolds will fit an f22a6, but an h22 intake manifold wont? how come?

This is Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Frost_CB7
                    so h23 intake manifolds will fit an f22a6, but an h22 intake manifold wont? how come?

The bolt pattern is different. The flange is different, and the ports on the H22 are larger I believe.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I was unlucky enough to get an h22 intake on accident and it doesn't match up at all with the f22. Kinda sucked because it was clean as heck and a nice size.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

do i need to buy a new tube that goes from the h23 thermostat housing to the water pump?

part #13 in the center is the pipe i beleive

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Added DIY to wiki...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/wiki/index.p..._Manifold_Swap

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

nope, you reuse the coolant tube.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                              Reinstalling everything.

- Well, out the black box on the passenger side of the car you have like 3 hoses that come out on top, # 21,20 and 24 or something, 20 and 24 go to the intake manifold (two plugs right next to each other on the back of the mani), the #21 is on the throttle body, Then a red hose goes from the big port on the throttle body to the charcoal canister, and the #3 hose goes from the charcoal canister to the bottom of the black box. FPR goes to the center port on the intake mani, little sensor thing on the drivers side of the mani goes to your intake tube.
                              I dont have the plug on my intake that the bold text quoted above connects to.... what should i do? im all ready to install it right now and just noticed that.

EDIT: I noticed on a pic of someone else's h23 IM that they just capped the ASV valve on the front. Im just going to do that, correct me if im wrong ill be checkin about every 15 minutes. im starting on the swap right now, wish me luck, i got 2 friends and my grandpa is visiting if i have any major issues. and of course you wonderful homies on here.

peace
                              Last edited by UrDoneSRH; 11-20-2006, 10:59 PM.

Member Ride Facebook
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

almost done with the swap, i got everything done except setting the tps and i managed to lose a bolt somewhere along the way... its the 17mm one that attatches to the fuel rail... im going to just try to buy a new one today on my lunch break.

Member Ride Facebook
                                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X