Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant its one of the threads that a nut connects to, its on the front right next to the throttle body.. its one of the threads that comes up from the runners... hweres the kickdown cable you were talking about?

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

It runs from the throttle rotor down to the front of the tranny. First bring the engine to Normal Operating Temperature. To adjust it, first loosen the nuts by the tranny side. At N.O.T idle adjust it by keeping your hand on the lever on the tranny side. When you adjust the throttle by hand the lever should just start to move at the same time the rpms rise above idle.

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...l/400/9-90.pdf

Its actually quite easy once you get the idea.

Did you check that throttle rotor stop screw? It was my main problem after the H23 swap.

As far as that bolt goes, it might actually be easy to get it out if it's the one I think it is.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NIFOLD+%282%29

Like #36, center right in the picture?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i lowered that stop bolt under the rotor, it helped a lil bit, i also swapped in the f22 rotor, it feels better also. but its still shifting wierd, and at wierd times, and sometimes if i slightly press the gas at a stop light to move up a lil bit, itll get like stuck kinda at like 1400 rpms and i can feel it pulling hard, it did the same thing when i first put on my intake.. my neighbor came by tryin to see if i get get him some nugs and started talkin with my about what my be wrong, he suggested air/fuel ratio? but i havent heard ne one else havin that problem... and besides the ecu controls that right?

ill try what you suggested later, im taken my girl to dinner. thanks for the help.

Member Ride Facebook
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

So you say the idle will jump up to 1400 sometimes? But not always?

Comment

ya it used to do this same thing when i first got my cai. it usually happens if i press the gas just a lil bit like waiting in line at a stop sign or a right turn... im going to try adjust the tranny cable. ill let u know wut happens.... it probably wont be til morning tho. gf time for now.

Member Ride Facebook
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Of course. I'll be on later tomorrow

Comment

k im about to try the other cable now.... and heres link to a pic of the bolt that i broke...

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

ive pretty much got everything squared away now, the iab control box is hooked up... ill post exactly how to hook it up soon, maaaaybe even include some pics so no one else has to guess. shifting is still a lil squirrely still, but for the most part its all good now... i think its cuz i need a new o2 sensor, im throwin a check engine light saying that, and i need to set the tps still. so ya, CF hood coming today at 4!!!

Member Ride Facebook
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

Was your problem ever fixed?

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

only problem im having now is when i drive sometimes my car gets.. the only way i can describe it is, "stuck" in gears. like if i just mash the gas all hte time im cool, but if i take it slow like in stop and go traffic, it will get stuck where it will shift through every gear at 3500rpm (i hate auto) and shifts like shit cuz of that, no power. and then it will be stuck in what feels like 3rd gear and just rides it out in that. so i dont know what to do, i started another thread on it because i wasnt sure if it related to this. anyone got any ideas?

my tps sensor has never been set and doesnt seem to matter, it idles fine, a lil high, but i just havent had time to turn it down a lil more. ive got the iabs hooked up finally and i LOVE THAT SHIT! i need a manual swap sometime soon, but ive thought about just buying a 2nd cb thats already a stick, but all the ones i keep finding are extremely high mileage, which dont really matter cuz i wanna drop a new motor in anyways.

Member Ride Facebook
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

I did this Mani swap a little less than 2 weeks ago, and its pretty cool no problems whatsoever, more power...
                        Shifts fine. ( i have an auto as well)

Comment

Hey! Where have all the pictures gone?
                          Anyone able to resurrect them?
                          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                            only problem im having now is when i drive sometimes my car gets.. the only way i can describe it is, "stuck" in gears. like if i just mash the gas all hte time im cool, but if i take it slow like in stop and go traffic, it will get stuck where it will shift through every gear at 3500rpm (i hate auto) and shifts like shit cuz of that, no power. and then it will be stuck in what feels like 3rd gear and just rides it out in that. so i dont know what to do, i started another thread on it because i wasnt sure if it related to this. anyone got any ideas?

my tps sensor has never been set and doesnt seem to matter, it idles fine, a lil high, but i just havent had time to turn it down a lil more. ive got the iabs hooked up finally and i LOVE THAT SHIT! i need a manual swap sometime soon, but ive thought about just buying a 2nd cb thats already a stick, but all the ones i keep finding are extremely high mileage, which dont really matter cuz i wanna drop a new motor in anyways.

Pretty sure the TCU gets it throttle input from the TPS, so that could cause an issue me thinks.

And I see something that doesn't look right.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...7_176_full.jpg
                            What's that little red filter for? Cause if its allowing air into the plenum, then that could be your cause of the extremely high idle :P
                            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Looks like its on the idle air boost, thats fine, its how most people with SR's or CAI's operate, only they have a vacuum tube with some foam stuffed in the end.

Comment

DAmn gas mileage went wayy down for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X