Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
    Holy shit rep for u!!! you took mad time to right this shit up, you should of just been like slap her in LOL.
    well, i go all out for you guys!

i just know that there will lots of people like me who will want to do it, but will not know how. so here's the write up!

and if there is anything i should correct, please let me know. thanks!
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Absolutely beautiful job Lester. This is what DIY guides are supposed to look like!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Okay, I couldn't find the thread that I wanted to resurrect, but this one will work.

Do we know for sure now that plugging the IAB's to a vacuum plug on the back of the intake manifold will keep the butterflys closed until a certian RPM and then open them? If so, approximately what RPM is it, and is it alright to do that, or better to buy the PT6 ECU and wire it to P17?
        -Jay

Comment

Bump. This is the problem with searching, no one reads the old threads.
          -Jay

Comment

I read it and i'm pm'ing you right now. or rather, i'll answer your PM here.

I'm doing the F22A6/H23 manifold swap and I was wondering if you could help me out:

How do I route the coolant lines for the H23?

If I'm running the vacuum lines to the back of the manifold, do I still use the black box, or just run a line from the actuator thing to the manifold?

Thanks in advance dude,
            Jay
            1) i can help you out
            2) on my step 34

34. Now hook up all the coolant lines. Now your FITV valve is under your TB instead of on the front of the IM. Just reroute the coolant lines. Same thing goes with the other pair of coolant lines that pass thru the IACV. The only that was hard for me was to get the clamps to go around the iacv – it’s a pretty tight fit. So I unbolted it and clamped it from the bottom. As for the throttle body, you may have to cut some of the existing coolant lines b/c they may be too long.
            I forget now, but there should be 2 sets of of coolant lines:
            one set running to your FITV
            one set running to your IACV

the thing that might help you is to label them before you disconnect, it helped me out. label which goes to in / out of the fitv and the iacv. then basically reroute them. I didn't have to cut the ones going to the FITV (on the h23 tb), but i had to cut and adjust the ones running into the IACV - see picture below.

3) If I'm running the vacuum lines to the back of the manifold, do I still use the black box, or just run a line from the actuator thing to the manifold?

It is preferred that you use the iab black box solenoid to open the valves, BUT the system will still work using the nipple on the back. I'm too lazy and cheap to get the iab solenoid right now, but everything works just fine. As far as when it opens, i'm not too sure 'cause i haven't had a chance to get a friend to look when they open up. sorry!

hope this helped man.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Yeah, big help!

Pictures always help, I wasn't sure if the lines ran differently on the H23, or if they just moved. Guess I didn't understand your definition of "rerouted".

What I was asking on the black box thing though, is do I run the line to the manifold with the black box in between, or just not use it? See what I'm saying?
              -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                What I was asking on the black box thing though, is do I run the line to the manifold with the black box in between, or just not use it? See what I'm saying?
                You basically run the line form the gold diaphragm straight to the manifold...should open at anything more than about 45% throttle or at 3500-4000 rpms just cruising at low throttle positions...

If you were using the IAB black box the line would run from the diaphragm to the box to the manifold... you're just eliminiating the electrically controoled box from the line and using vacuum only...
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

thanks for answering zigen

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

bump for a DIY thread that saved my ass!

SUPERB write up w/ excellent pictures to accompany it

Comment

Just to share my discovery, if you unplug the black box by the battery(I believe it's called the charcoal canister), the IAB black box plugs right an. Since the canister is supposed to close off part of the stock intake at a certain RPM, I hope to hook up the IAB controller to it and see if it will open at a certain RPM. If anyone has beat me to this lemme know.
                      -Jay

Comment

i never dealt with the IAB so keep us posted

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Yea I'd be interested in knowing how the H23 intake manifold works via vacuum compared to being controlled by the ECU. If someone knows, post up please. I'm assuming there is advantages and disadvantages to both, it's most likely where you want the power to kick in.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                            Vaccum Lines:
                            "the vaccuum line from firewall" on the top right...which one is that?

anyone know?

Comment

jus curious what year of h23 is ur intake manifold from
                              icedoutaccord
                              f22a4
                              aem short ram
                              2.5" exaust
                              suspension techniques springs

Comment

i have a 5 spd accord... is it ok to use a PT6 ECU from an auto accord or no deals?

Comment

Working...
                                X