Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use the PT6 on any trim level accord.

As for the line running from the firewall, i have to back and look at what it is. that's why in the diagram, i labeled it the way i did. hah
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
      As for the line running from the firewall, i have to back and look at what it is. that's why in the diagram, i labeled it the way i did. hah
      no worries man, i just plugged it since

Comment

I wanted to add that those lines just provide manifold vacuum to the devices that need it. There would be no difference between the top and bottom plugs, nor between the back and side ones. They are just 4 generic plugs to the IM. As for using the idle air control solenoid as an IAB, that is something we are still working on, though I think it is logically possible. I have one in the back seat of my car, if someone would like to come by and borrow it for testing purposes we could hook it up and verify it

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i'll be there tomorrow. what time? haha
          BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

props on an amazing DIY. very helpful with all those wonderful vibrant and labeled pictures, im going to use this hopefully to clean my tb.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

hey, I have a '92 Prelude S, which has a F22A1. My Prelude forum pointed me in the way of this forum, since they don't know much about F series apearantly, which is leaving me with a fricken ton of questions relating to this mod, so sorry, but here they come:

They once pointed out that I could put an F22A6 intake manifold and... I don't know, whatever matching ECU, p28 I think, but that would be a good 10 hp. Would the H23 be worth more? Do I need the replacement ECU to make the gain? Would the gain really be so high? (F22a1 is single runner set) I read through this topic and I have 2 thoughts- if I use the F22 injectors, am I risking running lean? If I run the H23 injectors, will the ECU that goes with an F22a1 with manual tranny (sorry, I don't know which one I have) be able to use them? Has anyone confirmed that the butterfly valves work fine by vacuum, and don't need the electronic control? If you can't tell, I'd like to avoid having to change ECUs, just because that would just be more money if I can have the same benifits without. Now, if I'm going to be better off going ahead and getting the ECU, what ECU options do I have, and what are they programed to do (I.E. pros and cons)? (Sorry again, I've only had 2 other cars and they were both Toyota Paseos, the only other ECU options were known by the engines they went to, which were both JDM only, so having the options a Honda does is new to me, and I don't know anything about all the ECUs yet.)
              Thanks y'all

Comment

I don't want to sound like a prick here, but are you sure it's an f22? I thought those preludes had H22's?

Anyway, I like the design of the H23 manifold, if you can get one versus the f22a6 manifold, I would prefer that, because of the barrel shaped manifold. Most people get by with the vacuum controlled method, it just didn't satisfy me. If you are running an f22, I will assume the pt3(or pt6) will work if you upgrade the injectors. Anyone else can chime in?

Comment

The H22a1 is in the VTEC Preludes, until the last half of the 5th gen, when they went to the H22a4, H23a1 is in the Prelude Si, F22a1 is in Prelude S, then JDM Preludes have a type S H22, an H23 vtec, and an f22b. My engine looks just like yours, but with a single runner intake manifold. I'll post pictures later. Hopefully I'll get to memorize the ECUs as well soon enough... So since it sounds like you didn't know the H23 was in a Prelude, I take it it was used in something else as well? What was that?
                  Last edited by jumpman83; 07-30-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Well, I never knew they put an f22 in a prelude, but I did know the h23 came from a prelude, I was saying that I prefer it as an intake manifold swap versus the f22a6 because of the plenum design. The average accord comes with a pt3 ecu, the special accord ecu is pt6, which are slighty harder to find. I assume either will support larger injectors, but I think MRX is the man you should talk to. He's the ecu genius around here.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                      Well, I never knew they put an f22 in a prelude... but I think MRX is the man you should talk to. He's the ecu genius around here.
                      Ha, yeah, they probably want to keep the F22 thing a secret so Prelude can seem like the supercar, other than the heafty weight. Is MRX good on fuel systems?

Comment

wow...i dont know much about ECU's and this is interesting..share more knowledge please ! hehe..thanks !
                        "
                        Fast and cheap won't be reliable
                        Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                        And fast and reliable won't be cheap
                        "
                        ~EYCEE~

Comment

would be nice if we could get a huge list of available ECU's and their applications for a good idea of what they're capable of and what they might be able to run. So accordaffair, is there something I'm missing here? I searched the member list and I see a MrXzUbErAnT, that's the closest thing I see to an MRX...?

Comment

I hate to jack cokinuts thread, this if knida off the topic at hand, but...
                            http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0403it_hondata/
                            http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WebHome
                            PGMFI is a good place to start.

Comment

bah, this isn't off topic, we're trying to perfect this mod right? That's an excellent link, thank you. Has a list by family just like I was looking for... need to figure out what crosses over and does how well next...

Comment

just to so my ignorance on the subject but what is the point of plugging the egr ports. mine are not plugged (i'm planning on cleaning the intake manifold, not swapping to h22or 23) so when i'm done can i just leave them as is. what benefit is it to do this? just curious.
                                1992 4 door lx auto
                                gray with burgandy interior
                                stock with gutted air box

Comment

Working...
                                X