Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From F22Parts.com:

I'm using a 1/8 NPT tap. And some red Allen head plugs like the ones above. You can buy some basic ones at a hardware store or you can buy some anodized ones, SummitRacing sells them.
    My EGR holes were also stuffed with liquid steel. I just drilled though them. And hondabond might work. I don't know yet what I'm gonna use to make sure the seal is tight.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

nice. I was going to do the same method, but got too lazy. Yes the H23 mani is "epoxy'ed" over and does not have plugs like the F series mani. Drill thru it and fill with either liquid steel / epoxy or screw / plugs.
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

oh, so the H23 doesn't use those plugs. So once I remove the epoxy, the port is then accessable? well that makes things a little easier.

So how do you remove the epoxy? Some sort of scraper/razor balde? Or is it sorta hard and I need to use something else?

Thanks

Comment

gastket question

hey man, i got the complete head and complete intake manifold, i was looking around to buy gasket but the autozone,pepboys,napa,discount auto parts and even the honda dealership doesn't have all the gastket that i need they have to be order, so i wondering what is a good trusty website to buy gastket thanks lmk.
          SEDAN member 002

Comment

how long did it take for removal/install (w/out the egr port cleaning, etc.)?

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

honestly, with my slow skills, technical problems, and work and school - about 5 days.

Taking it off took about a realistic hour (labeling hoses, getting stubborn hoses off)>

cleaning the old gasket off the head too another 1/2 hour

installing took perhaps an hour or so. REPLACE ALL GASKETS, especially the injector gaskets.

after installing the fuel rail w. old gaskets only to find out they were leaking - that set me back another 1/2 hour.

fixing tps and setting - another hour.

changing throttle rotors and adjusting it right - about another hour.

- keep in mind that cleaning and prepping the intake manifold took the most time.

So I would say give yourself a complete day to do the swap - from 7 am - to the night. I know others can do it in 2 hours, but damn, that's honestly fast. haha. it takes me like 15 minutes to think about everything.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by TouringAccord
                oh, so the H23 doesn't use those plugs. So once I remove the epoxy, the port is then accessable? well that makes things a little easier.

So how do you remove the epoxy? Some sort of scraper/razor balde? Or is it sorta hard and I need to use something else?

Thanks

sorry i didn't clarify it earlier - i thought you were using 'epoxy' as a generic term. It's actually kinda like welded on top of the holes. even if it was jb weld or quick steel, you couldn't just scrape it off, you'd still have to drill. I'd drill it and then find some screws from home depot to screw back into the holes (or oem honda plugs) so you can access them again.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

np, thanks for the responce.

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                    honestly, with my slow skills, technical problems, and work and school - about 5 days.

Taking it off took about a realistic hour (labeling hoses, getting stubborn hoses off)>

cleaning the old gasket off the head too another 1/2 hour

installing took perhaps an hour or so. REPLACE ALL GASKETS, especially the injector gaskets.

after installing the fuel rail w. old gaskets only to find out they were leaking - that set me back another 1/2 hour.

fixing tps and setting - another hour.

changing throttle rotors and adjusting it right - about another hour.

- keep in mind that cleaning and prepping the intake manifold took the most time.

So I would say give yourself a complete day to do the swap - from 7 am - to the night. I know others can do it in 2 hours, but damn, that's honestly fast. haha. it takes me like 15 minutes to think about everything.
                    cool. thanks. i figured as much. i'm having shoulder surgery this week so it'll be a couple of weeks before i start cleaning out the intake and replacing gaskets, etc. just wanted to verify....

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

sure thing man

Update : I've been looking for the pictures to go with the thread and can't find them. My other host that had 'em went down and I can't find the originals. sorry guys! i'll keep on looking.

update : I lied. haha. i just rechecked the first page (which i haven't looked at in a while) and they're working.
                      Last edited by cokinut; 03-21-2006, 09:13 AM.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

lol i remember when i was doing this i had this thread up with my laptop outside.. reading step by step.. hahahh didnt mislead me at all!! ahhh but yeah ran into a few technical problems, stupid errors (not pluggin the ground wire at the water hsouing.. lol)

ontopic sort of.. but for me.. hmm id say clenain procedure took me like 30 mins (i didnt do the egr ports, which would probably take alot longer) i just took everything apart, got TB cleaner, sprayed it down.. removing/installin was prolly a good 3 hours all together, then setting everything to make sure it all runs took me the longest.. but yeah great first mod (along witht he pt6 ecu if u dont already have one)
                        Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                        RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

glad you got it working did you finally get your car running right? i knew you had TONS of problems with it.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

correct me if im worng on this but isnt the h22a intake manifold the same as h23 ???

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Originally posted by ukaccord92
                              correct me if im worng on this but isnt the h22a intake manifold the same as h23 ???
                              no sir. i beleive the top half is the same but the lower runners differ.

thanks again cokinut, this DIY helped me out immensely!
                              Last edited by k-mart; 03-23-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

lol yeah i had an idle issue for a bit.. now for some reason its gone.. and everythings back to normal lol.. YES I DID RUN INTO LOTS OF PROBLEMS!! =( sike sall good tho
                                Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                                RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

Working...
                                X