Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: H23 Intake Manifold Swap (56K die!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cokinut just finished my upper plenum swap. Got some issues, hehe. High idle, secondaries aren't recieving vacuum, and I think my coolant lines are connected wrong....I was confused because they're different from the f22a manifold/plenum configuration, I sort of guessed at them. I'll be crawling through your thread for the next couple hours....If your on tonight pm me or reach me at zazenxhagakure @ aim.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Bboygreddy what kinda of problems you encountered? b/c i'm diong this swap soon..
      SEDAN member 002

Comment

hey cokinut, im doing the h23 mani swap right now.....but my mani has a "map" sensor where vac line 24 goes... what the heck could i do there....? can u help out a little? thanks

Comment

Hey everyone I am going to be doing this this week but can someone please show a diagram of the coolent lines. Its a bit different than the f series cuz of where the fast idle is. Any help would be appresciated. thanks.
          No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

There is a diagram in this thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=41175
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thats what I was looking for!! Thanks.
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

thanks for the better diagram. haha. Taking pictures wasn't a priority when I was working on the car.
                BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Ok guys I just did this and I have to say it sounds so sick!!! Car pulls a bit harder and picks up faster.

tip for all those doing this....
                  replace all the coolant hoses!!! Easiest to do this when the mani is off. I didn't and one of them was leaking pretty bad this morning. Pain in the ass to do this when everything is on the car. Just a thought for anyone doing it. also go to honda and get the o rings for the injectors. Yours may be fine but if they are not once you pull everything apart your screwed.
                  Spray sea foam (yes they have it in a spray can) a little in the fuel rail and in the injector tops. Car will start hard and you'll blow a bunch of smoke out the ass but in the end it will run better.

Comment

for the guys that buy manifolds that don't come with all the valves and sensors. the f22aX Starting Air Valve will bolt up to the h23 manifold.

Comment

25. Throttle Rotor – this step may be optional. I’m not sure if this is a manual / auto thing. But the h23 Throttle rotor (TR) only had one plug for the throttle cable. My auto f22 TR had 2 plugs/holes - 1 for the throttle cable, 1 for the auto tranny cable. You’ll see what I’m saying if you get to this point. You may not have to do it.
                      In order to remove the rotor, you have to remove the 10mm bolt and the washer on top of the throttle rotor. Then unclip the springs. The rotor will be stuck on there, so pry it off with a screw driver. Now be careful, the TR might fly off ‘cause of the spring. Now just switch the throttle rotors out. One problem I encountered was that when I used the f22 TR, the butterfly for the TB didn’t close all the way. There is an adjusting screw that allows the TB butterfly plate to close all the way. I believe it’s an 8mm screw.
                      I had the pics so I figured I'd add it in here.

H23 TB with manual rotor

Remove the nut

...and washer

Pull off the rotor...its just that easy. I'm sure you can figure out the rest as you go, it's very easy to do. HOWEVER be sure to adjust the stop screw. It should be pretty much exactly where the rotor stops, if its too short the rotor will bind and stick against the TB walls, if its too long, it will be open all the time, which I'm sure will throw your idle and TPS and whatnot...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                        no sir. i beleive the top half is the same but the lower runners differ.

thanks again cokinut, this DIY helped me out immensely!
                        ^yep, runners are in the wrong position.

Hey guys... I connected my diaphragm up to the intake like in this thread and it ran in reverse, closing at high RPM. Ideas? I got an IAB controller, so it won't matter in a minute, but everyone should go check that...

Comment

The manifold I have doesn't have a place to put the air starting valve. I'm a bit concerned with the intake manifold I got because it didn't come with a thermostat housing either. Anybody know what the deal is here?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i got an h23 intake manifold w/116k miles on it from egay for 105 shipped. the dillhole i ordered it from mustve decided that packing material wasnt important... long story short, my intake manifold is getting shipped back to him and im getting a FULL refund (whether he likes it or not). I'm so pissed it totally ruined my day yesterday. I had taken today off so I could clean it and have it all ready to put on next week... so now I'm on the hunt for another one.

The part that broke is the TPS sensor... I was wondering if I could swap the f22 TPS sensor? I'm not going to do it, I just wanted to know if I could. Thanks for any help.

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                              i got an h23 intake manifold w/116k miles on it from egay for 105 shipped. the dillhole i ordered it from mustve decided that packing material wasnt important... long story short, my intake manifold is getting shipped back to him and im getting a FULL refund (whether he likes it or not). I'm so pissed it totally ruined my day yesterday. I had taken today off so I could clean it and have it all ready to put on next week... so now I'm on the hunt for another one.

The part that broke is the TPS sensor... I was wondering if I could swap the f22 TPS sensor? I'm not going to do it, I just wanted to know if I could. Thanks for any help.

The TPS is interchangable, but you would have to recalibrate it if you remove it.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

and how would i go about recalibrating it? i called the local ups and they got the guy to drop it back by. im gonna try to replace the the tps. so as much info as possible would be awesome. thanks.

Member Ride Facebook
                                XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X