ENG: short ram intake bracket made easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: short ram intake bracket made easy

1 take a thin piece of metal about 6 tp 7 in long and 1/2 wide the at on end thinn out the width just a little sorry i dont have just finishing product then at the other end drill a hole enough to get a 10mm bolt threw then on the other end where u thinned it out so the piece will be flat bend it to the leftthere should be aleast an inch that has been bent

2 loosen the hose clamp from the filter and tuck the metal piece throughthen bend end so basicly u want like a horse shoe shape then tighten the clamp up and bolt the other end down should look something like this
    Attached Files

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

You did it the same exact way as I did. I did this awhile ago due to my intake bouncing around and rubbin shit. I placed it differently though because i had to work around a small ABS fuse box. Keep up the good work!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

i've been meaning to do that for a long while. haha. guess i'm super lazy
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

mine came with a bracket?

Comment

some of ours didn't - at least my awesome ebay brand short ram didn't.
          BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

mine came with one but for some reason it didnt work wired i couldnt find a place to put it and it was like a l shape but could find a way to mount it ao i made one my self 1 yr later lol fely like being creative

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

I got tired of my filter of my intake rubbing on my a/c lines so I zip tied a piece of metal bracket on top of the lines. The intake has something to sit on and there's no more wear on the lines.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                mine came with a bracket?
                yeah mine acually came with some kind of exhuast bracket. but after so long it acually snapped in two! so i was forced to make one after it pissed me off enough ...lol its all good now though

Michalob's CB7

Comment

i wish i wasn't so lazy, becuase i've wanted to do this forever. I just ended up sticking a piece of foam crap there so it wouldn't keep bouncing against the frame and making a really annoying ass sound..
                  --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

lol i just took some wire and tied it to the stock intake boxes brackets

Comment

Originally posted by r0gergcm
                      lol i just took some wire and tied it to the stock intake boxes brackets

lol...hey...as long as it works

Comment

oh thats what these bracket thing were for. oh i get it now. lol
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

pretty good idea

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

i went into my grandfathers metal shop to get some metal for this and found one problem. make sure when you do it you use the same metal for the diy bracket as your intake pipe (usually aluminum) because i used stainless steel and when he saw it he said that the two different metals will react and corrode each other. it wont happen fast but aafter a yr ull see that its eating away at the aluminum piping he said.
                            In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

i just used good ol' zip ties

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Working...
                              X