Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I was trying to think if I could maneuver the old gasket out and a new one in without dropping the flex pipe; I've got at least one nut at the manifold joint that I can tell wants to seize and/or the stud break trying to get it apart. The last time I did it, I wound up having to remove the manifold to repair the studs at the flex pipe joint and in the process had two studs come out of the head.

April 20, 2019: I convinced myself you can't do it without dropping the flex pipe. All three studs came out of the manifold.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-20-2019, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    I haven't seen this thread in a while... I guess the pictures are still up. That's good. I actually still have this car. It's sitting in the weeds back home. I've got to do this again on my 92 EX. Kinda funny in a strange way that I'll have to use my own DIY to do it again... My memory sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    You can avoid undoing the flex pipe to catalytic converter bolts (particularly if very rusted), by just removing the rubber hangers behind the catalytic converter and letting the system flex downward; there is enough play in the rest of the system to push it rearward to allow the manifold flange to come down.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-22-2019, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Alright. It's done for now. It's back up and useable.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    I'm redoing this today. As long as I don't get ticked off. Might fix this one or start a new thread all together and delete this one. This DIY kinda stinks anyhow IMO. I can do a much better job. Will give it a go today.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    I could try. It's one of those things that require a ton of digging.

Are you wanting the pictures for the information or are you fixing/maintaining the DIY section or ? Just asking so I know whether it would be best to have the DIY deleted or if it would be best for me to attempt to find the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• HappyGilmore
    replied
    I don't mean to bump this but those pictures are gone good sir. Is there any way to get them back?

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    You still have that downpipe?

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
    Wow, that blows. I always disliked photobucket and went for imgur but they never had the option to make an account (They might have that option nowa days).
    I have several engines and some of the pics. I'll get to it in a few days. The pics I don't have I will use one of the engines I have around for reference.

Yeah, I sure have a bone to pick with Photobucket. Caused me quite a bit of work and grief.

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    Wow, that blows. I always disliked photobucket and went for imgur but they never had the option to make an account (They might have that option nowa days).

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
    How about some pics?!
    I'll see if I can find them. I take it you are aware of why all my pics went down. In case you are not, Photobucket decided it would be a good idea to corrupt every last one of my photo's. Their tech couldn't even fix it. Getting them back up is a very daunting task. But I'll see what I can do here.

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    How about some pics?!

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    +rep for a clear guide done by the book! (as soon as I spread more rep)

The only thing I think you are missing is the recommendation to tighten it to 10ft-lbs in steps and in a criss-cross pattern. I go to 80in-lbs on first step then 10ft-lbs on second step.
    Yeah your right! Thanks for leting me know, its a habit that I use on everything that I forgot to mention it but Ill have it fixed in just a few seconds. Thanks again!

EDIT: And thank you for the +rep!
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wildBill83
    replied
    +rep for a clear guide done by the book! (as soon as I spread more rep)

The only thing I think you are missing is the recommendation to tighten it to 10ft-lbs in steps and in a criss-cross pattern. I go to 80in-lbs on first step then 10ft-lbs on second step.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    If you find anything I need to improve upon LMK. I might have missed something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X