• Fleetw00d
    replied
    This exploded view can help to show where things go:

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
    RyanD,
    i know this post was back in 2013 but i was wondering if you are able to post those pictures again. You probably do not have them. If someone asked me to re-post pictures that i posted a few years ago, i probably would have a hard time finding those pictures. that is ok if you don't have those pictures, i just had to try and ask. i am in the process of rebuilding my power steering pump. I will try to make a video or take pictures to share as i carefully take apart the pump.
    Ryan doesn't get on here much anymore but I'll let him know.

Leave a comment:

• ca93accord
    replied
    RyanD,
    i know this post was back in 2013 but i was wondering if you are able to post those pictures again. You probably do not have them. If someone asked me to re-post pictures that i posted a few years ago, i probably would have a hard time finding those pictures. that is ok if you don't have those pictures, i just had to try and ask. i am in the process of rebuilding my power steering pump. I will try to make a video or take pictures to share as i carefully take apart the pump.

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    Originally posted by RyanD View Post
    LMAO! i think i went through like 4 bottles of PSF those 2 days. man that sucked.

i remember now.your house is cursed. it took me an hour when i first did it. then i come to your place and it takes 2 days!
    Yeah at like what $7.50 a bottle? And it was cold as fuck. Luckily now my shit's insulated and heated. You moved back home just in time to miss out on the good shit. Things were just starting to get real when you left.

Do a rack rebuild though man seriously. I'm going to puss out and get one from Detroit Axle. He went up in prices though and he keeps steadily climbing... He's at $140 shipped currently up from $120 shipped 6 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD
    replied
    LMAO! i think i went through like 4 bottles of PSF those 2 days. man that sucked.

i remember now.your house is cursed. it took me an hour when i first did it. then i come to your place and it takes 2 days!

Leave a comment:

• H311RA151N
    replied
    I remember this! We took this thing apart and put it back on probably 15 times. Good times, good times...

Any little piece if debris will clog that pressure relief right up. Then push the shaft seal out as soon as it builds pressure. I cannot count how many times I watched that thing piss it's self seconds after putting it back on.

I don't think I will ever forget how to rebuild one though.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD
    replied
    Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Yup, my rack developed a leak this last winter... It's on the list for the SE rebuild coming up this winter.

So when are you doing a rack rebuild thread RyanD?
    sure why not ill take a crack at it.

Leave a comment:

• wildBill83
    replied
    Yup, my rack developed a leak this last winter... It's on the list for the SE rebuild coming up this winter.

So when are you doing a rack rebuild thread RyanD?

Leave a comment:

• RyanD
    replied
    just a quick little update since i last did the rebuild. pump still runs like its brand new. now my rack leaks damn salty old bitch

Leave a comment:

• Mishakol129
    replied
    So what does reverse thread mean, that I have to turn it to the right to loosen it instead of the left?

Just ordered the kit from Rock, gonna consult the Honda manual as well as this. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• s2cmpugh
    replied
    Thank you sir! My only guess is that the new seal around the shaft produces a very tight fit and might add some friction until things get spinning fast again.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD
    replied
    Originally posted by s2cmpugh View Post
    Thanks for the DIY, it really helped when I replaced my seals yesterday. I do have a question though; after I tightened everything back together, I had use a wrench to rotate the pump as I couldn't do it by hand anymore. Did this happen to you?

Thanks!
    It did and to this day I could never figure out why. It seems normal.

Glad the day helped!

Leave a comment:

• s2cmpugh
    replied
    Thanks for the DIY, it really helped when I replaced my seals yesterday. I do have a question though; after I tightened everything back together, I had use a wrench to rotate the pump as I couldn't do it by hand anymore. Did this happen to you?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RyanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
    Do I spray the valve with some brake cleaner then blow it out or leave the oil on there then blow?
    Thanks.
    Either or

Leave a comment:

• Bad_dude
    replied
    Do I spray the valve with some brake cleaner then blow it out or leave the oil on there then blow?
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by RyanD View Post
    Yes it floats. Blow out the top and the little hole. My pump ran dry for to long. I had to get a new one that I'm fixing to rebuild

Leave a comment:

Working...
X