ENG: Fushigi RES Short Shifter Install

Tools:
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Ratchet
    8mm, 10mm & 12mm Sockets
    10mm & 12mm Wrench
    Pliers
    Hammer (optional)

Pros: Its built great and strong…welds are clean and the shifter is painted a nice black color and the shifts are a lot shorter…more than worth the cost of the service

Cons: With the item itself none really but there were a couple of inconveniences. First off, it took me a along time to get the shifter back from Fushigi RES but they did give me a future discount for the inconvenience. Also, the shifter was missing a 7mm bolt that holds one of the cables in place. It was an easy fix but I wasted time trying to hunt down the bolt and it being Sunday and a lot of hardware stores close by were closed, didn’t help the situation…but it was an easy .25 cent fix.

Disclaimer: This are the instructions showing how I did the install, I am not responsible if you mess up your car in any way shape or form. On a difficulty scale I give it a 1 out of 10…now on to the DIY

1. Unclip the shift boot by pulling down on the front of the ring that is connected to the shift knob. Once you unclip the shift boot, remove the shift knob by unscrewing it from the shifter (remember righty tighty, lefty loosey)

2. Remove the center console by using the Phillips screwdriver to take all the little screws on the side of the console off (about 4 on each side, 8 total). The console is made in two pieces, I was able to remove just the front piece (my console is messed up a bit) but I think you have to remove both of them (the one that covers the shifter and the one the covers the e-brake). Now you will be able to see the shifter.

3. Disconnect both shifter cables by removing the cotter pin from the left shifter cable and removing the small 8mm bolt on the right shifter cable.

4. now remove the cable stays that hold the shifter cables in place by either using a hammer and screwdriver and hit them off (gently) or by using the pliers to pull them off…they’re on there pretty good so its not going to be easy, keep at it, they will come off.

5. Loosen these 4 bolts to make your job a bit easier later on in the install

6. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the shifter assembly in place.

7. Here is the shifter assembly removed next to the Fushigi RES shifter

8. Now remove the 4 bolts you already loosened.

9. Remove this bolt and the shifter should pop right off

10. Remove the 2 bolts that hold the grease covers on

11. Pull out the bearing covered with grease from the stock shifter and put it in the Fushigi RES Short Shifter

12. Installation is the reverse of removal

I’ve heard some people having problems with rubbing on the boot or boot plate but so far, I haven’t had any problems. The shifter feels great and now I don’t have to stretch out far when shifting to 5th gear (which I hardly do but very convenient if I have to).

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

pic of mine...yay

i too also have to say, it works great.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol looks a lot better then mine i made mine own with the help of mrx and mind is so ghetto rigged lmao but very nice write up
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Great write up!! You said you were missing a bolt? It looks like the bolt we put in there is there. But I don't see the c-clip that we put on the bolt to hold the shifter cable on the bolt. Is that what you where missing?
        Last edited by NoSloCB7; 06-20-2005, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
          Great write up!! You said you were missing a bolt? It looks like the bolt we put in there is there. But I don't see the c-clip that we put on the bolt to hold the shifter cable on the bolt. Is that what you where missing?
          yea, im nto sure what he is talkign about but i received everything necessary
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
            all i got was the shifter and 2 washers...oh and a small bag of 4 bolts that you use to hold down the shifter to the shifter assembly...thats it...i used the 2 washers and i had to buy a small 7 mm bolt to hold the right shifter cable in place

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I am really sorry about that. They are suspose to be checked over before they are shipped out. I will have to see what is going on and why you got the washers but no bolt and c-clip. Sorry for the inconviences, but thanks for the good write up and review!!

Comment

I always plan for lil inconveniences to happen and they always do so it was no big surprise…but like im sure everyone on this board knows, its hard finding a place that sells metric bolts so I had to drive a bit…but my small problem doesn’t have to do much with the fact that it is a great product at a great price I cant wait till you start putting out more cb7 stuff like the front mount relocater

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                X