ENG: Taken out the Evaporator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Taken out the Evaporator

ok i didnt know how to take out the evaporator thought it was a hard job but its really not that hard...took me about 30 mins would of been easier but the a/c lines were a b**** since there soo old... here is the steps...

Make sure all Freon is out of the system!! or else it will end up all over your engine when u take off the two a/c lines!

1.Take out glove box (3 screws 2 are hinges underdash!)
    2.take of silver cross bar behind glove box (4 screws)
    3.take of two silver brackets around the evaporator (2 bolts)
    4.Loosen up the a/c lines under the hood...(2 of them)
    5.Take 3 nuts off the evaporator (2 on top 1 on bottom)
    6.There is a lil rubber hose that runs to the bottom of the car that drops out water you need to pull that hose up from the bottom of the car soo when u pull out the evaporator it will come with it... (in the engine bay)

BAM Its out!!

If you need pics i can take some and post them up....
    Last edited by 92whiteaccord; 07-29-2005, 01:19 PM.
    My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Good job buddy!!!!!!
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Awesome Matt ......

Knew you'd figure it out .. heheheheheh .. get the pics posted up as well .. helps those
      that dont know what they're lookin at ....

Glad you got it done man ..

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-29-2005, 01:13 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

So thats the part of the a/c system in the car? How much does it weight?? Are u taking the whole system out?? I thinking of doing that soon.

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Actually im just replacing the evaporator a shop told me it had a leak but wanted to charge 800 for the evaporator, new drier, and high pressure swithch soo i figure id do it myself...
          My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Just a Hint about the A/C Gas. If you don't want to go to the trouble of Recovering the gas like you should do or let it out all at once just get a tyre valve remover and slowly unscrew the valves in the filler ports untill you hear a very slight hiss and leave it overnight - preferably in a well vented area, like outside. Once all the gas has accidently escaped then remove the connections.

Comment

well all i did is take a r12 filler line....and hooked it up to low side and just sprayed it all towards the grass....took about 10 mins....i think id much rather do that...than wait a hole night!
              My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Very illegal and dangerous don't let the EPA catch you doing that, and be sure to not inhale it!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                  Very illegal and dangerous don't let the EPA catch you doing that, and be sure to not inhale it!
                  x2.. you should let a shop drain it for you and just do the work at home. it's very dangersou to inhale those fumes. anyways, hope you get your a/c working matt.. i know i love mine when i'm in florida now. good luck buddy.
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair

I believe its a $20,000 fine if the EPA catches you.

Good job on the write-up, but one thing you should add is that any A/C shop will LEGALLY evacuate the freon from your system for FREE. Once that's done you can do all the A/C work you want.

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
                      So thats the part of the a/c system in the car? How much does it weight?? Are u taking the whole system out?? I thinking of doing that soon.
                      Yes the evap. is a major part of the A/C system and it's best to remove it (why leave it in if you're taking A/C out!?) I forget how much it weighs, it's actually kind of heavy for what it is, lets say around 10lbs or so. If you do take it out, leave the plastic shell in there to carry the heat from the blower motor to the ducting.

Very nice write up, we appreciate the contribution! Great work I hope your grass doesn't die!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                        Yes the evap. is a major part of the A/C system and it's best to remove it (why leave it in if you're taking A/C out!?) I forget how much it weighs, it's actually kind of heavy for what it is, lets say around 10lbs or so. If you do take it out, leave the plastic shell in there to carry the heat from the blower motor to the ducting.

Very nice write up, we appreciate the contribution! Great work I hope your grass doesn't die!
                        thats what i needed to hear, so i got to take out the whole evap radiator looking thing and keep the shell in there
                        thanks!
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

last time i took apart an AC system i used a gun and blasted off the screw holding the fitting onto the compressor... no faster way than that... sprayed everywhere including my face, but thats besides the point. that stuffs cold as FUCK

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ok im fresh to this, evaporator is seperate from the A/C right. How do u take out the A/C cause i dont use the A/C (Hot in SA but i have windows) and i want less weight on my engine. Also since i dont run my a/c does it still sap power from my engine even when off. Lastly when i do remove the a/c and stuff, do i ahve to get a new belt or am i just fine.
                            thnx
                            www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                              Ok im fresh to this, evaporator is seperate from the A/C right. How do u take out the A/C cause i dont use the A/C (Hot in SA but i have windows) and i want less weight on my engine. Also since i dont run my a/c does it still sap power from my engine even when off. Lastly when i do remove the a/c and stuff, do i ahve to get a new belt or am i just fine.
                              thnx
                              The evaporator is part of the AC system. Take it to a shop and have them legally pull it out of your system. After that pull off the compressor, A/C lines, condensor, i think its an accumulator or air dryer i get both mixed up sometimes, and that should be it. And yes you will have to get a new belt when you take out your A/C.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X