Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 613lx
    replied
    where can i get the balast resistor thing.. i installed an accel coil and forgot all about the resistor part and now the car wont start.

Leave a comment:

• DjSpeedy
    replied
    just a thought. Oem caps are fine but the connection is not brass or gold like the msd cap. Better connection for better spark energy. Plus a new oem cap cost almost as much as the msd does with a rotor and coil wire.

Putting in my setup tommorow with a new dizzy, venom 400, nology wires. I post if theres anything worth noting.

Leave a comment:

• deckeda
    replied
    Originally posted by smokeeey420
    you don't have to buy a their modded cap you can
    just convert yours for like $10
    Originally posted by ACCORDing
    I just used a cap from a 94 accord. It fits perfictly and is external coil
    That gets my vote. OEM caps such as the '94 are fine, and no drilling/epoxying whatever required. Besides, with modifying a 90/91 cap you're just going to have to do it again later.

Leave a comment:

• smokeeey420
    replied
    you don't have to buy a their modded cap you can
    just convert yours for like $10

How 2 External Coil ??????
    Last edited by smokeeey420; 08-19-2006, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chile
    replied
    Originally posted by TouringAccord
    When I did this to my 95 Accord EX, I just took a peice of sheet metal about 12" or so long and bent 1/3 of it at a 90 degree. Then I mounted the external coil to that 4" section I bent up. I then slid the rest of the metal under the battery and tightened the battery down. The battery held the sheet metal and coil in place and I didn't have to drill into any part of the car. It looked clean and was easily reversable if needed.

Just a thought for anyone having trouble figuring where to mount the coil.
    good idea...i'm gonna get a blaster ss after i do my head swap...i installed my 6A this morning...took about 30 min...taking out the ballast resistor makes the wiring look a little cleaner (at least in my case)...

Last edited by chile; 03-16-2006, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TouringAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by chile
    finally did mine...the only bitch was mounting the coil somewhere.
    When I did this to my 95 Accord EX, I just took a peice of sheet metal about 12" or so long and bent 1/3 of it at a 90 degree. Then I mounted the external coil to that 4" section I bent up. I then slid the rest of the metal under the battery and tightened the battery down. The battery held the sheet metal and coil in place and I didn't have to drill into any part of the car. It looked clean and was easily reversable if needed.

Just a thought for anyone having trouble figuring where to mount the coil.

Leave a comment:

• chile
    replied
    i'll be adding my msd 6a next week...i'll post pics.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    I need to do this... damn H22 with the internal coil...

Leave a comment:

• chile
    replied
    finally did mine...the only bitch was mounting the coil somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• uslspct
    replied
    Just a resistor.
    "The ballast in a conventional system limits the amount of current drawn by the coil primary during the "dwell time" when the points are closed. If you have an MSD box, though, it will dump the energy from its charged capacitor into the coil primary. Any ballast resistance in series between the MSD and the coil primary will reduce this energy transfer and weaken the spark."

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    can i ask WTF a ballast is?

Leave a comment:

• uslspct
    replied
    Originally posted by Onyx Dragon
    what about just using a high output OEM replacement..they're more expensive, but would they work as well as external?
    I suppose. I don't know of who makes those. But if they're more expensive why use it? And this is a small mod that really is only usefull with an ignition box if you need it.

Leave a comment:

• uslspct
    replied
    Originally posted by g-wagon
    hey do you remember which one was positive and which one was negative running to the coil?there both black and yellow on yours... but on mine i have black and green... just wondering
    No. The coil I took out was marked with a + and -

Leave a comment:

• Onyx Dragon
    replied
    what about just using a high output OEM replacement..they're more expensive, but would they work as well as external?

Leave a comment:

• g-wagon
    replied
    hey do you remember which one was positive and which one was negative running to the coil?there both black and yellow on yours... but on mine i have black and green... just wondering

Leave a comment:

Working...
X