Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90exkId
    replied
    Im confused, my 91 wagon is internal, an I got my h23 in, jusst need to make my car external. I tryed to follow that link but I dont kno which wires to extend. Do I remove the whole coil pack? Please help, sittin in garage waitin for an anwer, or someone to he walk me threw it.

Leave a comment:

• f22a1accord
    replied
    so i could do this on the h22 also right? i have all the stuff in a box somewhere, i just never tried installing it.

Leave a comment:

• uslspct
    replied
    Pictures and pdf's updated.

The MSD cap has the tower/connection point to run a wire to your new external coil setup. It's not expensive so I would say just get it. And a new rotor.

Leave a comment:

• Lroy onDA scene
    replied
    is it required to use an MSD dizzy cap also? plz help cuz im doing this

Leave a comment:

• Lroy onDA scene
    replied
    we need pics :/

Leave a comment:

• CB7 Sleeper
    replied
    wow, this should be sticky'd for all of us doing swaps which need to be converted from internal to external coil.

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    has anyone thought of doing this to lower the temp inside the distributor? the ICM shouldnt produce any heat since it is solid state.

Im just thinking of trying to save the ICM's from a lot of heat exposure.

Leave a comment:

• Haccord21
    replied
    Do you have any more pictures of when you finished everything up? My distributor went out on me and i bought an h23 distributor thats already external coil i just dont know how to hook it up. heres my problem

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75060

If anyone know's the best way to fix it let me know. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    i used my hand to pry the rotor off, its kinda tough. The rotor should only go on 1 way, but its always good to remember where everything was before you go at it. taking pics helps

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    what did you use to get the rotor off?

and did youhave to turn the engine to TDC before doing any of this or did you just have to remember where the rotor was facing?

Leave a comment:

• cebese7en
    replied
    Originally posted by TouringAccord
    Why mess with it, if it calls for it just do it. The resistor isn't that much and it only take a few to wire it in. If it's listed in the instructions, it doesn't cost much, it's not hard to install, why not just put one in?
    ok, that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• TouringAccord
    replied
    Why mess with it, if it calls for it just do it. The resistor isn't that much and it only take a few to wire it in. If it's listed in the instructions, it doesn't cost much, it's not hard to install, why not just put one in?

Leave a comment:

• cebese7en
    replied
    i have read on different threads that there is no need for the resistor. In this thread it was stated that the blaster 2 has one built in, but the blaster ss requires one (which is what msd instructs) So, is there anyone that has done a ss without a resistor or ignition box and can give a straight forward answer hopefully learned from experience? I really need some clarification on this bc i rather not waste my time with the resistor if is not needed.

good diy by the way, thanks for doing it.

Leave a comment:

• TouringAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by 613lx
    where can i get the balast resistor thing.. i installed an accel coil and forgot all about the resistor part and now the car wont start.
    Call around to your local electronics stores.

Leave a comment:

• uslspct
    replied
    From me, the thread starter. I have one because I'm using an MSD ignition now.
    Give me your address and if you can paypal me $10 I can send it to you asap. Depends how fast you need it, if you can't find it locally. Shipping will be more if you want it really ASAP. I see you're in Canada.
    PM me or see me on AIM tomorrow afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X