No announcement yet.

ENG: Cleaning out IAC Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doing mine as i write taking a quick smoke brake ill let ya know if it help with my idle problem

4 door ex-l

Comment

Did this and the fitv, and car runs much better. smooth idle, used to fluctuate a couple hundred up and down on a cold start, now seems to be stable.

the hoses were impossible to take off, space is too tight and I didnt have needle nose pliers, just bulkier slip joints.

so I left them on, and unbolted it, and I had about 3 inched of space in between the unit and the intake manifold. I just sprayed it with the cleaner, and used a napkin to clear the dirt away, cleaned it to a shiny silver.
      Last edited by Mjfan12; 08-20-2007, 02:56 AM.
      1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
      ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
      OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

Nice, I would suggest alot people try this first with any idle problems!!. I did mine this morning and my car runs like a pro. Took me a little over 30 minutes to do this but its worth it. Also, since my car was old, I would have to twist off stubborn hoses once I got the clamps off....Now if only I could get that antifreeze leak fixed...
        My Black "H"
        AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

I know brake cleaner works great on engine stuff, but will it damage that rubber seal ya think?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
            I know brake cleaner works great on engine stuff, but will it damage that rubber seal ya think?

use a q-tip and try to avoid the seal

Comment

I did this back in oct of 06' and now again recently and It amazing what a difference cleaning it out makes. I used to have a stumbling right upon startup but after cleaning this w/ carb cleaner and using a bottle of Fuel injector cleaner, it took care of it after a tank's worth of fuel.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I just did it just now. Took me about 1hr. My was DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!! I have to keep spraying it and let it soak. I used Seaform Deep Creep by the way.

It was pretty simple. Now when i start the car it start alot smoother and run alot smoother.

Thank!!!

Comment

i just did it and it help the shakes a little bit....mine was cacked with black crap you couldnt even tell there was a screen there

is there a how to for the fitv?
                  93 SE F22A6

Comment

yup yup def a great write up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I def appreciate it!!! mine was black like the guy with the pix^^^ anyways it does seem to idle better or maybe idle stronger and more acurate duno if thats how yuh spell it but anyways def appreciate it
                    l8rrr

Comment

I think i may tackle this and the EGR tomorrow.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
                        Take off the IAC valve cable
                        Do you mean the electrical connector

Also Im guessing that Carb Cleaner WILL NOT damage the seal, correct? So it can just be sprayed, yeah?

Also, is it a good idea to (or can you) remove the little screen on the right hole? What about the seal? Can/should that be removed and cleaned as well?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Anybody have trouble getting that bottom bolt??

My ratchet head was too fat and i couldnt fit the 12mm AND the ratchet down in there. And no, vice grips didnt work for me.

I managed to find a 1/2 socket that was shorter than my 12mm, but just my luck it required a smaller peg thing.

Its getting dark now, so..I'll pick up some PB blaster and try at it tomorrow.

Comment

heres mine...made a lil diff. but not like other people say...and right when i turned my car on it idled a lil high around 1100 but then it started to go down to around 900..
                            but it still gave me sumthin to do and now i know its clean

Backyard Customs
                            Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
                            why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
                            Building Fund: $0
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Taking a quick break, but was anyone able to take out the little filter or no?

Mine was kinda of a bitch to get off, and btw i lost a shit ton of coolant. Maybe 1/3 quart...

I suggest having several rags handy.

Comment

hmm i only lost a couple drops of coolant
                                93 SE F22A6

Comment

Working...
                                X