No announcement yet.

ENG: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$4.95 is better... I'm not finding it though. They seem to have full sets of things, but I don't see that one (damn, problems already! )

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
      $4.95 is better... I'm not finding it though. They seem to have full sets of things, but I don't see that one (damn, problems already! )
      vehicle specific search>motor mount insert
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Ah, there it is! Man they get specific! I was looking under Bushings, since that seems to be where all Energy Suspension parts seem to be listed on other sites (since the majority of their products seem to be bushings...)

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
          Ah, there it is! Man they get specific! I was looking under Bushings, since that seems to be where all Energy Suspension parts seem to be listed on other sites (since the majority of their products seem to be bushings...)

Thanks again!
          You can also hunt parts by part number, by manufacturer, after finding the correct PN at the manufacturers site.
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

just put the motor mount in... very nice! as steveB said. it just goes! it feels almost like a new clutch. not really. it has the same similarity of grabbing though. id say do it. just one addition. ya really didnt need to go through the process of taking the bottom bolt out. i took the top bolt off and got a bar, wedged it so i have enough room to stick the inserts in. very simple. hey steveb. thanks for bringing this DIY up. I'm a fan!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
              just put the motor mount in... very nice! as steveB said. it just goes! it feels almost like a new clutch. not really. it has the same similarity of grabbing though. id say do it. just one addition. ya really didnt need to go through the process of taking the bottom bolt out. i took the top bolt off and got a bar, wedged it so i have enough room to stick the inserts in. very simple. hey steveb. thanks for bringing this DIY up. I'm a fan!
              True, I took the torque strut off so I could clean it up and paint it.

Comment

What part is it on driverfx? There is one that is 161108g, and the other is 161107g.... they both say the same otherwise, and one has a picture... showing a few parts. Anyone know which one it is for sure cuz I would like to do this.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                  What part is it on driverfx? There is one that is 161108g, and the other is 161107g.... they both say the same otherwise, and one has a picture... showing a few parts. Anyone know which one it is for sure cuz I would like to do this.

thanks
                  Did you search by your car and it car up with TWO motor mounts?

Anyways, the 1108 says it's for 94-97....click on "this fits..." for more info.
                  Original post has correct part number.
                  OR, go to energysuspesnsion.com.....
                  Last edited by SteveB; 03-14-2004, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Mine are on their way. I doubled my order and I'm splitting the shipping cost with my buddy. Works for me! in 5-10 days... I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                      hey got a question. when you were taking out the mount, did you support the engine so it didnt drop or sag? or did ya just rip it out and not worry bout it? just curious cuz i beleive the haynes manual said some crap bout supporting the engine with a jack and cardboard. thanks!
                      i used a hydraulic jack and piece of thick wood to support it and keep the jack from scracthing anything. But yes they are very correct that you need to support the engine
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Lightning Motorsports also has a $1.50 charge for orders under $20
                        $11.37 for the part and comes to $21.02 shipped for me which is kind of ridiculous considering the size of the part

Comment

Guess DriverFX is the way to go

Comment

DriverFX has em on backorder, so it'll take a while... I'm mad, but I'll get em eventually!

Comment

Sorry man. i bought the last one. also bought the last hyper-flex kit too. lol. i work in the warehouse where they get supplied. but im sure they'll get in stock soon. later.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

bought some polyurethane in can...gonna try to save whats left of my motor mounts this friday. Man, when i show u guys pix ur gonna wonder how the hell my engine is still connected to the car lol
                                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                                X