Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRX
    replied
    hey deev i think your loosening the nut...not the bolt. When looking at the mount loosen the side that DOES NOT have a thread coming out of it. This goes for all of the mounts. Lemme know if that helps. Basically when facing the car u should be focusing on the left side of the mount not the right. And for the bottom bolt go underneath the car, get an extra rachet or something with some girth. put the rachet-extension- 17mm socket together and then put another object (i used another rachet cause it was close) and place it between the crossmember and the rachet-ext.-17mm thing...i did all this because when i got down there, there wasn't enough room for me to hold onto the extension and the rachet at the same time so i was either gonna strip the bolt because the socket wasn't sitting correctly on the bolt or i'd just be losing alot of torque due to it tilting downward as i turned the rachet. With the rachet in place, the rachet in my hand couldn't come down towards me anymore and the thing came out willingly after that. Hope that helps the lot of you out

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    Sumumabitch! I can't even get the top bolt loose! I was hoping to install the things this afternoon before work, but that's not happening... I can only fit my medium sized ratchet in there past the header, so I don't have much to work with. I guess I'll need an extender of some sort, making this a project for another day!

To loosen the bolt, it DOES go towards the front of the car, right?

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

If the wrench if sticking *up* from the bolt, it'll go towards the rear of the car to loosen.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Sumumabitch! I can't even get the top bolt loose! I was hoping to install the things this afternoon before work, but that's not happening... I can only fit my medium sized ratchet in there past the header, so I don't have much to work with. I guess I'll need an extender of some sort, making this a project for another day!

To loosen the bolt, it DOES go towards the front of the car, right?

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    They're on backorder.... They haven't charged my credit card yet... I came home to fine ONE set (I ordered 2, one for 92accordDX)... I wonder if something got messed up and I got a free part?

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by Michalob
    Do it up man. im curious to see how that stuff is. if it works ill be glad to do it on my others. and hey. so what if you engine is falling off...lol. that poly urethane just might do the trick. its all good. mine can use some work too.
    i ordered it i think last monday night and they had it on my doorstep wed. morning....hella fast shipping. If they had any thing else i could buy from them then i'd do it.

Leave a comment:

• Michalob
    replied
    Do it up man. im curious to see how that stuff is. if it works ill be glad to do it on my others. and hey. so what if you engine is falling off...lol. that poly urethane just might do the trick. its all good. mine can use some work too.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    bought some polyurethane in can...gonna try to save whats left of my motor mounts this friday. Man, when i show u guys pix ur gonna wonder how the hell my engine is still connected to the car lol

Leave a comment:

• Michalob
    replied
    Sorry man. i bought the last one. also bought the last hyper-flex kit too. lol. i work in the warehouse where they get supplied. but im sure they'll get in stock soon. later.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    DriverFX has em on backorder, so it'll take a while... I'm mad, but I'll get em eventually!

Leave a comment:

• 92accordcoupe
    replied
    Guess DriverFX is the way to go

Leave a comment:

• 92accordcoupe
    replied
    Lightning Motorsports also has a $1.50 charge for orders under $20
    $11.37 for the part and comes to $21.02 shipped for me which is kind of ridiculous considering the size of the part

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by Michalob
    hey got a question. when you were taking out the mount, did you support the engine so it didnt drop or sag? or did ya just rip it out and not worry bout it? just curious cuz i beleive the haynes manual said some crap bout supporting the engine with a jack and cardboard. thanks!
    i used a hydraulic jack and piece of thick wood to support it and keep the jack from scracthing anything. But yes they are very correct that you need to support the engine

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Mine are on their way. I doubled my order and I'm splitting the shipping cost with my buddy. Works for me! in 5-10 days... I can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by aero3685
    What part is it on driverfx? There is one that is 161108g, and the other is 161107g.... they both say the same otherwise, and one has a picture... showing a few parts. Anyone know which one it is for sure cuz I would like to do this.

thanks
    Did you search by your car and it car up with TWO motor mounts?

Anyways, the 1108 says it's for 94-97....click on "this fits..." for more info.
    Original post has correct part number.
    OR, go to energysuspesnsion.com.....
    Last edited by SteveB; 03-14-2004, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aero
    replied
    What part is it on driverfx? There is one that is 161108g, and the other is 161107g.... they both say the same otherwise, and one has a picture... showing a few parts. Anyone know which one it is for sure cuz I would like to do this.

thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X