No announcement yet.

ENG: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just the front motor mount, so you can do it. You won't notice as much of a difference though, I wouldn't think.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that prelude motor mounts fit in place of the accord motor mounts when performing an H swap. I am aware that this is not neccessary but supposedly can be done. This brings me to my question, I am using accord motor mounts on my lude engine in my cb7. Can I use my friend's energy sus. engine mounts on my accord mount? I noticed that this set came with polys for 2 mounts and I am guessing one for front and one for rear. Could I use one if not both of these? Yes part number is different but I am wondering if it would still work?
      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        It's just the front motor mount, so you can do it. You won't notice as much of a difference though, I wouldn't think.
        just wanted to know cause my front shakes not alot in gear. i was thinking this might stop it from shaking
        for sale= $2500 obo PLEASE SOMEONE BUY MY PROJECT CAR. I dont have time to work on it anymore. Full time job and DJ on weekends... no time for car ..PM me for more info

Comment

The set is for either side of the front mount. They aren't mount bushing replacements, just inserts. You put one on each side of the mount, where it attaches to the engine. I have a swap, and it fit just fine. I believe I'm using the Accord mount... I don't know if the Prelude one works for sure or not.

Comment

Well, the prelude set comes with 2 sets of inserts...guessing a set for the front and one for the rear. Energy Sus. web site even states that it comes with 2. It looks similar to the pics that are on this thread but the inserts are black instead of red. And now that I think of it, "IF" these fit the accord mounts, everyone could use these for the front and rear instead of trying to find them seperately which I have noticed different tuners on here having a problem with. Again this is "IF". If anyone knows, please let me know.
            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

I know the front motor mount inserts I got for my Accord were black, not red like the others. Although, like the others it came with 1 set - 2 pieces - that fit in either side of the stock mount and help hold the stock piece in place more firmly, thus allowing less movement overall.
              Eric91Z
              eric91z@globalccs.net
              '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

Hm...well everyone's that I see on here is red so I thought that the accord set was red and the prelude set was black. Guess not. Thank you for clearing that up. Still wanna know if the prelude set would work though.

Comment

Mine are black. I was given a choice when I ordered them. Since I don't like red, black was the obvious choice!

So the Prelude set came with 4 pieces all together? If you remove your Accord mount and try to fit them in, you can know for sure. The lower bolt is kinda tough (as Steve B said) but it can be done. Be sure to get a breaker bar, and remove the radiator fan for more clearance (that's what I did... removing the radiator is even better, if you have the time and patience to do so)

Comment

Or, if you aren't doing anything except installing the inserts, just remove the top bolt only, intall the inserts, and re-install the bolt. Took me about 5 minutes once I figured out the correct orientation for installing the inserts.
                    Eric91Z
                    eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

The thing is, if you read, he wants to see if Prelude inserts will work for the Accord mount... Stuffing them in there like that won't tell you if they fit. It'll be a pain in the ass if they don't!

Comment

At least for the front mount, I think it would be very easy to remove the top bolt, look at the pattern of the mount that is in there and compare to the Prelude mounts he has. The design of them is pretty specific and should be pretty easy to visually verify.
                        Eric91Z
                        eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

thanks for the tip steveB
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

do they make the driver side insert????
                            .:JDM H22A POWERD CB7:.

<<<RePn<PhX>aZ>>>

Comment

ArrgH

I got mine today...what time is it? no yesterday, and they were a b!tch! The manual tranny mount must have a different shaped mount, because I have an auto and it doesn't fit properly. I forced it into place (extremely ghetto) If you saw me doing you would probably shake your head and advise against it. But my front mount was ripped and no good, so I just went ahead and did a ghetto-diy. It seems to have helped, so I guess i'm glad I did it. *hint you may want to remove the radiator, and anything obstructing your working area. I didn't...the rat bastard took me 6 hours. Argg it was most frustrating. But it was cheap, what can I say. Cheaper than new mounts, thats for darn sure.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

How long did it take to order from Canadian Tire?? The guy at CT says it'll take like 2-3 weeks... is that true???

Comment

Working...
                                X