Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad_dude
    replied
    Even though the OEM part numbers for the Auto and manual are different, I wonder if the aftermarket mounts make it the same shape for both so I can use the inserts. Any one has pics of the mounts for both auto and manual? It looks like all of the aftermarket part numbers I looked at for both auto and manual are the same for the torque rod.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Bad_dude; 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cyclonus_cb7
    replied
    I have these installed too. They work so much better than having nothing at all with the extra support + it's made by Energy

IDK who's bright idea it was to have that silly dog bone mount in front anyway - it's such a cheap design because of how easy it is to rip w/ all that extra space.

For anyone interested:

http://www.energysuspension.com/
    http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/hon1.html

- or -

http://www.ebay.com (6+ pages worth when I searched)

- or -

http://www.optionsauto.com/products.asp?dept=1151

And YES, the front dog bone mount is shaped differently for AT & MT.

Honda Front Dog Bone Mount:
    MT ROD ASSY., TORQUE P/N 50830-SM4-020
    AT ROD ASSY., TORQUE P/N 50830-SM4-A81

Energy only makes them for MT last I checked so for any AT wanting this and your mount is shot, buy the MT mount + insert and you should be fine (fitment is the same on the bottom end - correct me if I'm wrong). Oh yeah, as Deevergote mentioned they do come in 2 color choices - red/black.

H23Accord: Look at post # 117 by AccordSIR in response to your question about different front mounts =

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=accordsir
    Last edited by cyclonus_cb7; 11-12-2005, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied
    Is there anywhere I can pick one of these up locally??? I'd pay more to not have to wait...

Leave a comment:

• accordaffair
    replied
    The ones I got weren't for autos. I forced it in there, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Leave a comment:

• ShatteredJade
    replied
    Has anyone found motor mount inserts for an automatic? It seems that they are all produced for manual transmissions only, or at least i haven't found any.

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Genki
    How long did it take to order from Canadian Tire?? The guy at CT says it'll take like 2-3 weeks... is that true???
    didn't take that long when i got mine. Under a week, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Genki
    replied
    How long did it take to order from Canadian Tire?? The guy at CT says it'll take like 2-3 weeks... is that true???

Leave a comment:

• accordaffair
    replied
    ArrgH

I got mine today...what time is it? no yesterday, and they were a b!tch! The manual tranny mount must have a different shaped mount, because I have an auto and it doesn't fit properly. I forced it into place (extremely ghetto) If you saw me doing you would probably shake your head and advise against it. But my front mount was ripped and no good, so I just went ahead and did a ghetto-diy. It seems to have helped, so I guess i'm glad I did it. *hint you may want to remove the radiator, and anything obstructing your working area. I didn't...the rat bastard took me 6 hours. Argg it was most frustrating. But it was cheap, what can I say. Cheaper than new mounts, thats for darn sure.

Leave a comment:

• 91accordtuner
    replied
    do they make the driver side insert????

Leave a comment:

• HondaFan81
    replied
    thanks for the tip steveB

Leave a comment:

• Eric91Z
    replied
    At least for the front mount, I think it would be very easy to remove the top bolt, look at the pattern of the mount that is in there and compare to the Prelude mounts he has. The design of them is pretty specific and should be pretty easy to visually verify.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    The thing is, if you read, he wants to see if Prelude inserts will work for the Accord mount... Stuffing them in there like that won't tell you if they fit. It'll be a pain in the ass if they don't!

Leave a comment:

• Eric91Z
    replied
    Or, if you aren't doing anything except installing the inserts, just remove the top bolt only, intall the inserts, and re-install the bolt. Took me about 5 minutes once I figured out the correct orientation for installing the inserts.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Mine are black. I was given a choice when I ordered them. Since I don't like red, black was the obvious choice!

So the Prelude set came with 4 pieces all together? If you remove your Accord mount and try to fit them in, you can know for sure. The lower bolt is kinda tough (as Steve B said) but it can be done. Be sure to get a breaker bar, and remove the radiator fan for more clearance (that's what I did... removing the radiator is even better, if you have the time and patience to do so)

Leave a comment:

• H23Accord
    replied
    Hm...well everyone's that I see on here is red so I thought that the accord set was red and the prelude set was black. Guess not. Thank you for clearing that up. Still wanna know if the prelude set would work though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X