X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats nice, i mite do this but in a different color

Comment

Help!!

ok so i was looking at this and thought "hell y not...my shield is lookin pretty nasty.." so i went to do it and the left one broke off..not good..then i got the other bolts off...but there seems to be a plug going thru the shield...im not sure if i should take it out because i can't tell what it is..anybody have an idea?

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
      Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
      by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by papychulo82
        so i went to do it and the left one broke off
        do you mean broke a bolt?
        Originally posted by papychulo82
        but there seems to be a plug going thru the shield...im not sure if i should take it out because i can't tell what it is..anybody have an idea?
        it sounds like the oxygen sensor. you don't have to unscrew it. just unplug it from the harness and manuver the sheild around it. also there are 3 bolts that hold the heatsheild on. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yea my bad..the left bolt snapped...guess the WD-40 didn't settle in...but yea thanks for the info man..im goin to go finish right now

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
          Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
          by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Heck, how do you guys get it off? My AC lines are in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordSE View Post
              I had my heat shield off for about 7 months a drove it like i normally do, and there was no difference in amount of heat put off or any sign of chipping paint.
              +1 hell even my ol turboed f series used to have the turbo throwing some heat as they normally do never had issues with paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                Heck, how do you guys get it off? My AC lines are in the way.
                you just have to maneuver it right.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Any paint will do or does it have to be high temp paint? Do I need to put primer on it?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                    Any paint will do or does it have to be high temp paint? Do I need to put primer on it?
                    Thanks.
                    you HAVE to use high paint, otherwise the paint will just burn off once the header reaches operating temp. Not sure about the primer, but if you clean it good, I don't see the need for primer.
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I think if you rough it up then no primer otherwise if smooth I need primer I think. I could use that cheap black BBQ paint from Walmart for $4 a can right? I got to find a way to take the shield off first. My car is totally stock and very few areas had been work on, so every thing is hard to take off. I live in Fullerton, CA, so rust is minimal. Rarely ever rain here.

Comment

Working...
                      X