X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wed3k
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonScryer
    Yeah, I know that part, but he said he tried an H23 belt, which is supposed to work. He said it didn't, and then it did? What was off on the engine to cause it not to fit?
    im assuming the 1st "h23" belt was the wrong one...maybe because guys who work at auto places are dumbasses or something? but the 2nd one worked but just a bit on the loose side.

Leave a comment:

• MoonScryer
    replied
    Yeah, I know that part, but he said he tried an H23 belt, which is supposed to work. He said it didn't, and then it did? What was off on the engine to cause it not to fit?

Leave a comment:

• d112crzy
    replied
    none of the timing belts he tried would fit.

Leave a comment:

• MoonScryer
    replied
    So......what was the problem?

Leave a comment:

• xwade01
    replied
    Originally posted by wed3k
    yea he got all that and the h23 be;lt fit for him

Thanks for answering for me! But yeah I got everything to work just fine. In process of getting motor in.

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonScryer
    xwade01: you did get the H23 timing gear for the crankshaft right?
    yea he got all that and the h23 be;lt fit for him

Leave a comment:

• MoonScryer
    replied
    xwade01: you did get the H23 timing gear for the crankshaft right?

Leave a comment:

• xwade01
    replied
    I loosened everything. I almost took everything off. I even moved the cams around off TDC to see if it'd fit, and NOTHING. Idk wtf is going on. Everything else was a breeze...

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    Originally posted by xwade01
    Yeah well I don't get it. I have both belts and they are both too small. Idno wtf is going on.
    not to ask stupid questions but you loosed both tensioners right?

Leave a comment:

• xwade01
    replied
    Yeah well I don't get it. I have both belts and they are both too small. Idno wtf is going on.

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    Originally posted by xwade01
    The goddamned mother fucking GSR TIMING BELT did not work on this swap. Wtf is the problem w/ this shit. I'm so pisssed!!!!!
    i guess it depends on application because my h23 belt had so much slack witht he tensioner maxed out that it was hitting the timing cover LOL

Leave a comment:

• xwade01
    replied
    The goddamned mother fucking GSR TIMING BELT did not work on this swap. Wtf is the problem w/ this shit. I'm so pisssed!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    Originally posted by EXkidd91
    how long did the swap take? will the car be out of service for more than a day? Also, I take it a 91 EX ECU won't work with it well?
    mine took about two weeks...but im sure you can get it swapped on a day with a coupole people working on it.

the stock ecu wont work very weelll, hell even with the p14 ecu it'll run rich.

Leave a comment:

• EXkidd91
    replied
    how long did the swap take? will the car be out of service for more than a day? Also, I take it a 91 EX ECU won't work with it well?

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    looks like i need the gsr timing belt...mine is pretty big, either that or im off a tooth which creates slack on one side of the belt and is making it hit the timing cover

Leave a comment:

Working...
X