ENG: F22B DOHC Head Swap onto F22AX Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    Sup, didn't you have your JDM F22b head ported?? Cuz then it would not just be a true stock headswap comparison.
    That is a good point...when I get the numbers I guess we can subtract what we think the gains where from the p&p
    Last edited by NoSloCB7; 11-29-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

What if i was to use the f22a1 Intake manifold? Will it make the whole swap a waste or is it just a small sacrafice in power. Well really there is no such thing as a small sacrafice when it comes to power. But what is the deal with that? I have one that is clean with 99k and all sensors are good. I hate to see it go to waste.
      vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
        What if i was to use the f22a1 Intake manifold? Will it make the whole swap a waste or is it just a small sacrafice in power. Well really there is no such thing as a small sacrafice when it comes to power. But what is the deal with that? I have one that is clean with 99k and all sensors are good. I hate to see it go to waste.
        You won't get the most potential out of your head. The DOHC head likes to breathe easy.

Comment

Let us know when you get some dyno results. I'm wondering if it would be wise to swap the F22B head onto the F22A6 block. I remember someone once telling me that the differences between the two in HP were so minute that you could never justify the cost.

Is this set-up any stronger than the stock set-up? Think in relation to a turbo set-up...
          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
            Let us know when you get some dyno results. I'm wondering if it would be wise to swap the F22B head onto the F22A6 block. I remember someone once telling me that the differences between the two in HP were so minute that you could never justify the cost.

Is this set-up any stronger than the stock set-up? Think in relation to a turbo set-up...
            This setup is just as strong as the Stock F22AX. I'm a little confused about your one statement. Which engines are you comparing when you said the gains were minimal?

Comment

I think he's comparing the f22a6 to the f22b. And the cost is easily justifiable, you have better top end power and the tuneability of two cams.

BTW, my timing belt is supposed to be here today, hopefully I'll have my headswap running tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Funnel77
                I think he's comparing the f22a6 to the f22b. And the cost is easily justifiable, you have better top end power and the tuneability of two cams.

BTW, my timing belt is supposed to be here today, hopefully I'll have my headswap running tonight.

Exciting!!! Let me know if you have any questions!!

Comment

Please get the dyno results up as soon as you can. I am really interested as to whether it is really worth the work for power or whether it is just cool to do (which it is, don't get me wrong). Also, do you see a mileage difference? Better mileage is always a good way for me to explain the need to modify my car to my wife...

-c

Comment

Originally posted by peehs
                    Please get the dyno results up as soon as you can. I am really interested as to whether it is really worth the work for power or whether it is just cool to do (which it is, don't get me wrong). Also, do you see a mileage difference? Better mileage is always a good way for me to explain the need to modify my car to my wife...

-c
                    this makes me want to do this now...will this setup work easily with a turbo setup?

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                      this makes me want to do this now...will this setup work easily with a turbo setup?

I plan on boosting the hybrid after the first of the year.

Comment

isnt the f22b head the same as the h23? nice right up

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                          yes, they are the same. the only difference is one is JDM and the other is USDM. "assuming". i have both so i am awaiting to get some $$ to do this project too.
                          JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
                          JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
                          91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
                          91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
                          92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
                          92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
                          93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
                          07 Fit SSS (Traded)
                          07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
                          05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
                          97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord

Yes they are the same in design. The F22B DOHC head fits perfectly onto the F22AX block, meaning all drain holes and coolant ports line up. Whereas the H23 head does not. That would be the only difference between the two and between the two swaps.

Comment

yea i figured that they were the same heads, just wanted to make sure, cuz i have a f22b at my house, thinking about taking off the head and working it.

Comment

Alright, now no flames since I am new to all this. This is basicaly just taking the SOHC block and tossing on the DOHC head right? I thought the blocks were extremely similar. Isn't this essentialy the closest thing to an engine swap without really taking out the engine? And also, I have heard about about the f22b. I don't remember seeing if it has vtec though. What is your rough estimate on the hp you should be gaining? For as easy as a swap it is I think even I might be able to attempt this. Any real issues you came across while doing it? Any iffy spots that might need a little more info?
                                Sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X