X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondaFan81
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSloCB7
    Yes they are the same in design. The F22B DOHC head fits perfectly onto the F22AX block, meaning all drain holes and coolant ports line up. Whereas the H23 head does not. That would be the only difference between the two and between the two swaps.
    H23 is 87mm bore in the head, JDM F22B is 85mm. This leads to using different headgaskets depending on which head you swap.

I suggest a F22ax headgasket for a JDM F22B head and a F23 headgasket for a H23 head.

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
    you guys do the dyno yet? .
    No.

Leave a comment:

• 93EXaesthetic
    replied
    you guys do the dyno yet? .

Leave a comment:

• jasonthebombero
    replied
    Just take the old belt with you to the auto store and get one an inch larger
    Duh I guess some time you cant see the simplest solutions when they are right in front of you.

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Just take the old belt with you to the auto store and get one an inch larger

Leave a comment:

• jasonthebombero
    replied
    Well right now I am using a F22AX power steering bracket. I can only utilize two bolts. I am going to pick up a H23 bracket as soon as possible. One thing I did run into was that the F22AX power steering belt was an inch too short, so I had to get a longer one.
    Could you use the power steering belt from a H23? If not how did you get a Belt that was an inch longer?

Leave a comment:

• 91accordwagon
    replied
    Originally posted by midnite racer x
    the fuel and timing maps are very much different. The lines don't follow the same path so just adding fuel pressure is like putting a band-aid on a concussion.

Thank you midnight that's more of an answer I wa looking for on that question

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by 91accordwagon
    What's the huge difference in running the ff2a6 ecu over the p14? If the p14 is set to 9.8:1 and the a6 is set to 8.8:1 the car would logically run better off the a6 just slightly lean. Could you just solve this by increasing the fuel pressure 1-2 psi? I'm just not seeing what the advantage to running the p14 over the a6 ecu is (don't flame the ECU noob)
    the fuel and timing maps are very much different. The lines don't follow the same path so just adding fuel pressure is like putting a band-aid on a concussion.

Leave a comment:

• g-wagon
    replied
    Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    i have to correct u at this junction...

the p14 ecu is made for the h23 so its still not gonna run correct due to the h23 having 9:8:1 CR so running it on a hybrid with only 9:1 CR and not as much stroke = more of a richer mixture than wanted...

p06 chipped is the way to go bottomline.

edit:

whats with ur sig..??? u are by far not the only one homeslice... dont get it twisted...

dang.... i never thought of that... i shoulda just got a p06 instead of running that dang p14.... it ran decent... just not right...

edit: i also ran a PT3 ecu and it ran HORRIBLE..... i mean craptasitic..... then i ran it with an unchipped p06.... hahahahahha

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    In short....it's just better

Leave a comment:

• 91accordwagon
    replied
    What's the huge difference in running the ff2a6 ecu over the p14? If the p14 is set to 9.8:1 and the a6 is set to 8.8:1 the car would logically run better off the a6 just slightly lean. Could you just solve this by increasing the fuel pressure 1-2 psi? I'm just not seeing what the advantage to running the p14 over the a6 ecu is (don't flame the ECU noob)

Leave a comment:

• Funnel77
    replied
    Originally posted by 93accordtuner
    i only have one question... i plan on building my f22a1 up and boring it out and putting in new high compresion pistons but will the f22b dohc head have to be modified if i get my f22a1 bored out before i get the f22b head? thanks and really good write up man
    I don't know how much you are going to bore (i haven't seen f series pistons for more than .020 over) but you may want to use the H23 head since it has a larger bore to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• 93accordtuner
    replied
    i only have one question... i plan on building my f22a1 up and boring it out and putting in new high compresion pistons but will the f22b dohc head have to be modified if i get my f22a1 bored out before i get the f22b head? thanks and really good write up man

Leave a comment:

• LX Rida
    replied
    Great Write-up!

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    ^^Gotcha...can't wait to do some Wikked tuning to get this thing dialed in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X