Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    like i mentioned already.. it will run rich due to the fact that the frank ISNT putting out the compression that the h23a does.. let me re-phrase that... if its not combustion chamber pressures isnt the same then the final combustion wont be as great as it was in the h23a.. so 9:8:1 vs 9:1 = a decent difference ... so tendacy will be for it to run rich.. but u are correct that it will run better than a PT3 ecu...

get on aim if u have it if not download it.... www.aim.com

Wikkedv15
    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 12-09-2005, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    i have to correct u at this junction...

the p14 ecu is made for the h23 so its still not gonna run correct due to the h23 having 9:8:1 CR so running it on a hybrid with only 9:1 CR and not as much stroke = more of a richer mixture than wanted...

p06 chipped is the way to go bottomline.

edit:

whats with ur sig..??? u are by far not the only one homeslice... dont get it twisted...
    I like to make myself feel good... I do have a question though, how off is the hybrid goind to run with the P14? I do have to admit...ECU tuning is my weak point so I would appreciate an explination.

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSloCB7
    You can run the engine with the F22AX ECU, however its full potential will be reached with the use of a P14 ecu
    i have to correct u at this junction...

the p14 ecu is made for the h23 so its still not gonna run correct due to the h23 having 9:8:1 CR so running it on a hybrid with only 9:1 CR and not as much stroke = more of a richer mixture than wanted...

p06 chipped is the way to go bottomline.

edit:

whats with ur sig..??? u are by far not the only one homeslice... dont get it twisted...
    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 12-09-2005, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    I believe the F22B DOHC engine is taken from the JDM prelude. Instead of having the H23 in Japan, it is equiped with the F22B. has it effected MPG? Honestly, I have not calculated the mileage, however it still appears to be failry decent considering I can still ride around for a week on a tank of gas. (knock on wood) I have not experienced any problems yet. The Engine is doing great!!!

Leave a comment:

• accordaffair
    replied
    So what car does the f22b block come from?

How has it affected mpg?

Any problems yet?

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by 91accord4door
    great write up, im likeing the details. also cant wait to see dyno #'s. what do you expect it to put out?
    I'm guessing an increase of 25 to 30 hp in stock head form.

Leave a comment:

• 91accord4door
    replied
    great write up, im likeing the details. also cant wait to see dyno #'s. what do you expect it to put out?

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow1
    oh.... um.... right. im an idiot. my bad. lol

LOL....thats ok...we all have our bad days

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSloCB7
    Thats becasue it hasn't been dynoed yet....

oh.... um.... right. im an idiot. my bad. lol

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow1
    I Havent Seem Any Dyno Charts Yet!!
    Thats becasue it hasn't been dynoed yet....

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    I Havent Seem Any Dyno Charts Yet!!

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by oneoffaccord
    yea i figured that they were the same heads, just wanted to make sure, cuz i have a f22b at my house, thinking about taking off the head and working it.
    Yeah..you can use H23 parts in that beast

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Connal
    See, i didn't think it had vtec. I knew it was more than just swapping over the head. I was just wondering if essentialy the blocks are the same. Would you have to change the ECU since it is DOHC?
    You can run the engine with the F22AX ECU, however its full potential will be reached with the use of a P14 ecu

Leave a comment:

• Connal
    replied
    See, i didn't think it had vtec. I knew it was more than just swapping over the head. I was just wondering if essentialy the blocks are the same. Would you have to change the ECU since it is DOHC?

Leave a comment:

• NoSloCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Danno
    Wow, great writeup dude. I didn't see, did you dyno it yet?

Naw, not yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X