No announcement yet.

ENG: F22B DOHC Head Swap onto F22AX Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the only problem with this swap. It is harder to find the F22B DOHC head just by itself. I see aproximately 1 to 2 for sale a month. If you purchase the whole engine, then by all means swap in the whole motor.

Comment

are there absolutely any differences between this and swapping in a H23 head ? I've heard rumors that an oil passage has to be plugged on the H23 head any truth to this ?

"...B*tch got out the car lookin more like Freddy Jackson"

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10
        are there absolutely any differences between this and swapping in a H23 head ? I've heard rumors that an oil passage has to be plugged on the H23 head any truth to this ?
        You are correct. You have to do some modifications to the head in order for it to work. Whereas the F22B DOHC head fits perfectly onto the F22AX block.

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
          Are the exhaust ports on the H23 and F22B heads the same? Im just wondering because I have heard that DSM manifold drilled for the F22 also fit H23's. Is that correct?

-Pat
          Yes sir, I believe they are. I am using the F22AX header on the F22B

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
            What F22B are you using?
            What?

Comment

Which timing belt are you using? I'm trying to use the gsr belt and it's too small. I can't get it to fit for crap. Is the H23 belt a little bigger (I think it has one more tooth)?

Great write-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Funnel77
                Which timing belt are you using? I'm trying to use the gsr belt and it's too small. I can't get it to fit for crap. Is the H23 belt a little bigger (I think it has one more tooth)?

Great write-up.
                I ended up using the H23 belt for this swap. It works quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                  I ended up using the H23 belt for this swap. It works quite well.
                  Doesnt the h23 belt have 2 more teeth?just asking cuz i used the gsr belt for my f22b engine (not head swap) and even though it was tight it had the right amount of teeth.

ILBB
                  People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                  The world needs to be reset.

Comment

correction on what was stated...

u do not have to plug any holes in the h23a head.. u just have to apply copper sealant or honda bond to a certain indention in the head thats near a blind spot.. that can cause an oil leak.. thats about it thou.

as for as the h23a belt having more teeth.. it may have more teeth.. but if timing is set correct it should still run right.. just means ur gonna have some slack in the belt..

used the h23 t belt on the f22/h23 i did *teckerts car*

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                      if you use a p14 youll needto hook up a knock sensor, also a iab control box if you use the h23 intake manifold

Great write up. everyone and their mom will be refereing tothis.

i need some info on hooking up the knock sensor and the iab control box. cuz im planning on using the h23 intake manifold and also i was wondering if you or anybody knows where i can get a chipped ecu for the f22b DOHC head swap.
                      "it's gettin there"

Comment

i just wanna make sure that when i get the f22b DOHC head does it matter if it's off a manual or automatic trans
                        "it's gettin there"

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                          correction on what was stated...

u do not have to plug any holes in the h23a head.. u just have to apply copper sealant or honda bond to a certain indention in the head thats near a blind spot.. that can cause an oil leak.. thats about it thou.

as for as the h23a belt having more teeth.. it may have more teeth.. but if timing is set correct it should still run right.. just means ur gonna have some slack in the belt..

used the h23 t belt on the f22/h23 i did *teckerts car*
                          Sorry bout that....I was hoping I had everything right....my appologies

Comment

what about f22a power stereeng bracket? gonna change to f22b ps bracket?
                            Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Originally posted by kidd262
                              what about f22a power stereeng bracket? gonna change to f22b ps bracket?
                              Well right now I am using a F22AX power steering bracket. I can only utilize two bolts. I am going to pick up a H23 bracket as soon as possible. One thing I did run into was that the F22AX power steering belt was an inch too short, so I had to get a longer one.

Comment

Sup, didn't you have your JDM F22b head ported?? Cuz then it would not just be a true stock headswap comparison.
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X