Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    i have to correct u at this junction...

the p14 ecu is made for the h23 so its still not gonna run correct due to the h23 having 9:8:1 CR so running it on a hybrid with only 9:1 CR and not as much stroke = more of a richer mixture than wanted...

p06 chipped is the way to go bottomline.

edit:

whats with ur sig..??? u are by far not the only one homeslice... dont get it twisted...
    I like to make myself feel good... I do have a question though, how off is the hybrid goind to run with the P14? I do have to admit...ECU tuning is my weak point so I would appreciate an explination.

Comment

like i mentioned already.. it will run rich due to the fact that the frank ISNT putting out the compression that the h23a does.. let me re-phrase that... if its not combustion chamber pressures isnt the same then the final combustion wont be as great as it was in the h23a.. so 9:8:1 vs 9:1 = a decent difference ... so tendacy will be for it to run rich.. but u are correct that it will run better than a PT3 ecu...

get on aim if u have it if not download it.... www.aim.com

Wikkedv15
      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 12-09-2005, 08:10 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

^^Gotcha...can't wait to do some Wikked tuning to get this thing dialed in

Comment

Great Write-up!
          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

i only have one question... i plan on building my f22a1 up and boring it out and putting in new high compresion pistons but will the f22b dohc head have to be modified if i get my f22a1 bored out before i get the f22b head? thanks and really good write up man

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordtuner
              i only have one question... i plan on building my f22a1 up and boring it out and putting in new high compresion pistons but will the f22b dohc head have to be modified if i get my f22a1 bored out before i get the f22b head? thanks and really good write up man
              I don't know how much you are going to bore (i haven't seen f series pistons for more than .020 over) but you may want to use the H23 head since it has a larger bore to begin with.

Comment

What's the huge difference in running the ff2a6 ecu over the p14? If the p14 is set to 9.8:1 and the a6 is set to 8.8:1 the car would logically run better off the a6 just slightly lean. Could you just solve this by increasing the fuel pressure 1-2 psi? I'm just not seeing what the advantage to running the p14 over the a6 ecu is (don't flame the ECU noob)

Comment

In short....it's just better

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                    i have to correct u at this junction...

the p14 ecu is made for the h23 so its still not gonna run correct due to the h23 having 9:8:1 CR so running it on a hybrid with only 9:1 CR and not as much stroke = more of a richer mixture than wanted...

p06 chipped is the way to go bottomline.

edit:

whats with ur sig..??? u are by far not the only one homeslice... dont get it twisted...

dang.... i never thought of that... i shoulda just got a p06 instead of running that dang p14.... it ran decent... just not right...

edit: i also ran a PT3 ecu and it ran HORRIBLE..... i mean craptasitic..... then i ran it with an unchipped p06.... hahahahahha

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                      What's the huge difference in running the ff2a6 ecu over the p14? If the p14 is set to 9.8:1 and the a6 is set to 8.8:1 the car would logically run better off the a6 just slightly lean. Could you just solve this by increasing the fuel pressure 1-2 psi? I'm just not seeing what the advantage to running the p14 over the a6 ecu is (don't flame the ECU noob)
                      the fuel and timing maps are very much different. The lines don't follow the same path so just adding fuel pressure is like putting a band-aid on a concussion.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        the fuel and timing maps are very much different. The lines don't follow the same path so just adding fuel pressure is like putting a band-aid on a concussion.

Thank you midnight that's more of an answer I wa looking for on that question

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                          Well right now I am using a F22AX power steering bracket. I can only utilize two bolts. I am going to pick up a H23 bracket as soon as possible. One thing I did run into was that the F22AX power steering belt was an inch too short, so I had to get a longer one.
                          Could you use the power steering belt from a H23? If not how did you get a Belt that was an inch longer?
                          I My Honda
                          Check out my Ride Here
                          09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment

Just take the old belt with you to the auto store and get one an inch larger

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                              Just take the old belt with you to the auto store and get one an inch larger
                              Duh I guess some time you cant see the simplest solutions when they are right in front of you.
                              I My Honda
                              Check out my Ride Here
                              09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment

you guys do the dyno yet? .

Comment

Working...
                                X