• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
    you guys do the dyno yet? .
    No.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
      Yes they are the same in design. The F22B DOHC head fits perfectly onto the F22AX block, meaning all drain holes and coolant ports line up. Whereas the H23 head does not. That would be the only difference between the two and between the two swaps.
      H23 is 87mm bore in the head, JDM F22B is 85mm. This leads to using different headgaskets depending on which head you swap.

I suggest a F22ax headgasket for a JDM F22B head and a F23 headgasket for a H23 head.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Random thoughts...

For those simply swapping the JDM F22B heads onto a F22ax block with no Delta cam regrinds, etc. If it's physically possible to get a .030" mill on this head, you will be around 9.8:1 compression and so using a P14 (H23) ECU may seem a feasible cheap way to make it work, without spending money on a chipped P06 ECU & tuning. Sidenote: a .020" mill will yield 9.6:1 compression, that may be good enough if .030" is too much.

Now if you go camshaft regrinds, use a chipped P06 & tuning obviously.

Also, using indirect calculations I calculated a stock JDM F22B DOHC non-vtec head to have about 47.2 head CC. Not many know or have this info, use it to your advantage.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

this swap is pretty interesting. with a good intake manifold this would be an effective and somewhat easy way of boosting power and at the same time you could give everything a really good clean. hmm i wonder if the lack of f22b heads being sold might be stopping many cb7 owners from doing this.
          1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
            this swap is pretty interesting. with a good intake manifold this would be an effective and somewhat easy way of boosting power and at the same time you could give everything a really good clean. hmm i wonder if the lack of f22b heads being sold might be stopping many cb7 owners from doing this.
            precisely im trying to do the swap myself..its hard to find them.. you will see the head swap once in a blue moon on e-bay..you gotta get down n dirty with all the honda forums to find em..
            this is definietly something i want...i would modifiy my throttle body cuz i already have an f22a6...and definielty get an aftermarket DC header .. and high flow cat.....
            i would love to do thsi swap..im just wondering about timing issues..and fucking up my pistons :P..
            i cant wait for someone to dyno a f22ax head swap..so we can see the performance gains!...i might have to be the 1st to do it :P

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Random thoughts...

For those simply swapping the JDM F22B heads onto a F22ax block with no Delta cam regrinds, etc. If it's physically possible to get a .030" mill on this head, you will be around 9.8:1 compression and so using a P14 (H23) ECU may seem a feasible cheap way to make it work, without spending money on a chipped P06 ECU & tuning. Sidenote: a .020" mill will yield 9.6:1 compression, that may be good enough if .030" is too much.

Now if you go camshaft regrinds, use a chipped P06 & tuning obviously.

Also, using indirect calculations I calculated a stock JDM F22B DOHC non-vtec head to have about 47.2 head CC. Not many know or have this info, use it to your advantage.
              i will take this note you post to my advantage i have one laying in my basement if i get some extra $$ i might add this project to my current projects that i am working on.
              thanks
              JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
              JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
              91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
              91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
              92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
              92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
              93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
              07 Fit SSS (Traded)
              07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
              05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
              97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

Alot of useful information in this thread! I think I found my new project!

Comment

Ok this is a nub question: I have a f20a (sohc) now does this matter, do I go by the same procedure? Let me know.

Comment

Dyno!...dyno!!!....dyno!!...we Want Dyno...we Want Dyno....!!!

Comment

where da dyno results at mangggg

Comment

Ya, I want to see some #'s also.
                        97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                        IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                          Ok this is a nub question: I have a f20a (sohc) now does this matter, do I go by the same procedure? Let me know.
                          bump, someone knows this

Comment

where can i get the timing gears?

Hey check us out www.2camcrew.com

Comment

I have to say that I am very impressed with the knowledge that floats around in here. I have a 92 camaro that im working on (but chevys are easy) and also a 93 accord. I don't know much about hondas and of corse am trying to get more power out of mine. Everyone's blah blah blah h22 swap blah blah. I get tired of taking the easy way out and just swapping motors. I would like to build the f22a6 i have and the whole f22b head thing sounds easy. Besides some ecu work is there anything else to complement the swap. I.E. cams or something. PLEASE REMEMBER I DONT KNOW ALOT OF AFTERMARKET HONDA PARTS/COMPANIES. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

H23 head

hey if anyone needs a H23 head i have one with about 96,000 miles on it. I actually have a complete h23 engine with auto tranny,ecu, etc. pm me if you need any parts or if you want pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X