• Show
Clear All

patiently awaiting a dyno...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

H23 head

if anyone needs a h23 head or parts i have a complete h23 engine and tranny, ecu,etc. with 96,000 miles. just pm if interested or if you want pics

Comment

fuck

shit i posted it twice!l LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RidnLow
          if anyone needs a h23 head or parts i have a complete h23 engine and tranny, ecu,etc. with 96,000 miles. just pm if interested or if you want pics

Why don't you post that in the H23 head swap thread in stead of the F22B head swap thread. They are two different swaps.

Comment

This swap = teh goodness!!!! I will be doing mine soon too guys. But in any event what about the vacuum wiring, is it the same as a stock f22ax motor?? If so thats even better. Thanks in advance guys! Later

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
            ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

now will the f22b head install onto a sohc f20a the same way ass f22x??
              rollin on em twankiez

Comment

yes the f22b will swap over on the f20a just fine....

mark seriously.. i know ur trying to start a forum.. but making people have to go to ur forum in order to get replies.. is kind of dull dont u think??????? anyway...

5spd is right.... the h23a head swap and the f22b headswap vary in one small detail.. lol.. which i guess makes em "different" .. one you have to silicon shut a passage and the other u dont.... everything else is identical...

i have about 2 f22b' dohc head's sitting in my garage lol.. oh the j0y..

edit... u guys are making it harder than it seems... everything is the same .. vac diagrams.. plugs.. etc.. the locations might be off a bit.. but its all there... same thing with the vac ports.. there locations are a lil different.. but all of the shit is there... stop worrying so much and get in there already..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Pics and procedures are back on the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                    I purchased the Head from PRIMOCB7, a member on this board. It needed to be re-built due to a bent valve. I used this head on my very first swap, but them removed it after that oil pump in that motor decided to take a shit. Now it has found its new home.

I've yet to see thisi question so I'll just go out with it.

This is the thing that I'm worried about when doing this swap, since you use the h23 crank gear (smaller) your oil pump is going to be prone to going out and I'm afraid of it happening at the worst time possible. So here's my question, what about using the h22 belt instead? the f22 crank and h22 crank pullies are nearly the same and the distance relation from crank to cams is the same. This way would save pulling the gear on the swap and possibly save your engine down the road. So there's the idea, Go brains go, lets get some post info on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon

This is the thing that I'm worried about when doing this swap, since you use the h23 crank gear (smaller) your oil pump is going to be prone to going out and I'm afraid of it happening at the worst time possible. So here's my question, what about using the h22 belt instead? the f22 crank and h22 crank pullies are nearly the same and the distance relation from crank to cams is the same. This way would save pulling the gear on the swap and possibly save your engine down the road. So there's the idea, Go brains go, lets get some post info on this one.

Bump because I wanna see the answer to this question! It seems very thought spoken and brought up. It would make things easier

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

i am sure this has been asked and it's a stupid question , willthis work for the f22a6 motor ?

jeff
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

How was that a dumb question. He has yet to seen it and so have I... it's really interesting and could make it really easy to swap and not change the timing gear. TG is a PITA...

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

see i am still learning these motors so some of ya are light years head of me ,
                            i know the only stupid question is the one not asked , but ya never know how someone will respond

what are the pros and cons of doing that on an a6 motor other then what you stated above . i am just wondering if i have my head reworked ported polished flowtested over sized valves and cam etc .

jeff
                            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn
                              see i am still learning these motors so some of ya are light years head of me ,
                              i know the only stupid question is the one not asked , but ya never know how someone will respond

what are the pros and cons of doing that on an a6 motor other then what you stated above . i am just wondering if i have my head reworked ported polished flowtested over sized valves and cam etc .

jeff

Lol omg, I seriously thought it said that 91accordwagon's question was dumb. I thought you were flaming him bwhahaha wow i'm dumb as hell. Maybe I should read slower when i'm tired at night!

But anywho yeah i'm pretty sure it could work on the f22a6 block, I dont see why not??

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon

Bumping, I'm prepping to do this swap and want to see your guys minds at work!

Comment

Working...
                                X