• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: GReddy Oil Catch Tank

- Provided by JDM Fan.com

Installing GReddy Oil Catch Tank

Purpose:
    A catch tank (or can) works just like a crankcase vent filter. It will bypass the connection between the crankcase and the air induction intake track. This will relieve pressure place against the valve train under engine load. But unlike a crankcase vent filter, the oil used by the valve train will not drip onto adjacent engine components. The oil catch tank will ‘catch’ the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that cause carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and the engine. This will keep your engine compartment clean, your performance maximized, and give your engine that custom look.

Materials:
    - GReddy Oil Catch Tank w/9mm hose (#12003506) $83.00
    - GReddy Universal T Bracket (#120035TB) $5.75
    - Possibly extra fuel line hose (Home Depot)

Parts included are:

- Polished billet aluminum oil catch tank
    - 3 foot of 9mm hose
    - Sight hose
    - 9mm Earl's Hose clamps (2)
    - Sight hose fittings (2)
    - Set screw (acts as plug)

Shown configured for vertical mounting

Shown configured for horizontal mounting

Sight hose installed and tank ready for mounting in a vertical position.

Note:
    In either mounting position, vertical or horizontal. The sight tube must be installed in a vertical fashion.

Find a suitable location to mount the tank and either use the "universal t bracket" from GReddy or fab up something on your own.

Once a location is found measure the distance required for both hoses (one to valve cover fitting and the other to the intake fitting) and cut the hose to proper length.

Mount the catch tank to your desired location.

One side of the catch tank is routed to the valve cover fitting with proper hose clamp installed.

The other side of the catch tank is then routed to the intake fitting with proper hose clamp installed.

Notes:
    - As far as we know, its completely smog legal in all states.
    - When correctly installed, all crankcase fumes are routed back into the intake to be burned. Only the oil is separated out.
    - Please dispose of any waste oil properly.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

quick question regarding installing this on a turbo setup. Instead of installing the catch can inline between the intake manifold nipple and pcv valve; you cap off the nipple on the intake manifold. You then, using the stock pcv valve, run a line from the pcv valve to the catch can, then to the INTAKE of the the TURBO. From there you run a line from the turbo intake to a 2nd catch can, and then to the valve cover breather right? Thanks, I made a pic to make it less confusing.

IS my drawing about right? For my catch can I was going to either buy this expensive greddy catch can, or use cokinut's DIY. Is there any difference besides brand? Would cokinut's diy (diy link here) be ok?

Comment

Working...
    X