• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by KINGPIN33
    Thanks for the response!
    This guy that I want to buy an IM and TB from doesn't come with the FITV... how much does an FITV usually run for?

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

www.slhondaparts.com

Should be about $80 for a new one if I remember correctly.

Of course, you can also just build a blockoff plate, and not buy one at all. Just make sure you use Hondabond to seal it completely.

Leave a comment:

• KINGPIN33
    replied
    Thanks for the response!
    This guy that I want to buy an IM and TB from doesn't come with the FITV... how much does an FITV usually run for?

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by KINGPIN33
    okay, so let me get this straight after reading all of this thread.

All I need are the following parts pictured since I have an A6 already.

Just the TB and Upper intake plenum?

Can my F22A FITV fit on the H23? Or do I have to get a H23 FITV? I know for the IACV, you can swap between them.

Thanks.

That is all you need (in addition to new gaskets, etc.)

The FITV is on the TB on the H series (that big thing on the bottom), so the F22 version doesn't work, at least I don't think it does.

Leave a comment:

• KINGPIN33
    replied
    okay, so let me get this straight after reading all of this thread.

All I need are the following parts pictured since I have an A6 already.

Just the TB and Upper intake plenum?

Can my F22A FITV fit on the H23? Or do I have to get a H23 FITV? I know for the IACV, you can swap between them.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by ATS666
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great pics, I was able to finish the swap quickly!
    Everything worked out perfect, top end is alittle bit better now. It pulls bettter from 5.5k on. This is the only mod i have done to the car other then removing the intake silancer from the wheel well.

Thank you!!!
    Glad it helped you.

Leave a comment:

• ATS666
    replied
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great pics, I was able to finish the swap quickly!
    Everything worked out perfect, top end is alittle bit better now. It pulls bettter from 5.5k on. This is the only mod i have done to the car other then removing the intake silancer from the wheel well.

Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    great just what i needed to hear thanks

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by starchland
    Hey, I was just wondering how you confirmed they h22/h23 im was the same thing?? part # or visual comparison...ty!

The IM isn't the same, only the plenum/TB.

And the plenum/TB's aren't EXACTLY the same, as I have seen a few with some minor variations, but overall, they bolt on.

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    Hey, I was just wondering how you confirmed they h22/h23 im was the same thing?? part # or visual comparison...ty!

Leave a comment:

• Cb_JoeyG
    replied
    ok thx alot i was starting to gather that too.. it seems like between the pt6 and the p12 its 2 different paths i would have to take.. soo tmrw im looking for strictly a6 parts.. cam/pt6/im thx alot man i appreciate you steering me the right way

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    cant use the iab box with a P12 since the preludes with P12's used single runner intake manifolds with their f22's.

you CAN run the P12 with a A6 cam but you wont get the same power as with a PT6. it sees like you may jsut be better off with the PT6.

Leave a comment:

• Cb_JoeyG
    replied
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im not sure if a intake manifold messes with timing regardless of what ecu you run. the P12 should be okay for the h23/f22a6 manifold as long as you retain your stock cam and you setup your butterflies to be vacuum controlled and not by the ecu.
    ok so if i get the p12 and the IM swap i definalty need the IAB black box so the vaccum will control the butterflies? and what if i went with the a6 cam would that make any difference? of would i be locked at the a1 cam with the p12 and the IM swap?

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    im not sure if a intake manifold messes with timing regardless of what ecu you run. the P12 should be okay for the h23/f22a6 manifold as long as you retain your stock cam and you setup your butterflies to be vacuum controlled and not by the ecu.

Leave a comment:

• Cb_JoeyG
    replied
    ok cool.. i also have a another question.. if i did this IM swap then could i also so an ecu swap outta the 92-95 prelude. a p12? i kinda gathered from another thread that it might mess with the timing or something along those lines on the a6/h23 im setup. just curious cuz im going to the local junkyard tomorrow and i wanna kno wqhat to grab. and a p12 sounds like a good swap cuz u get around 5hp if im not mistaken..

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    correct, also a A6 cam to get that midrange power.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X