No announcement yet.

ENG: H-series Plenum on F22A6 runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well according to what glory said, putting the H23 lower on would lower the powerband a bit. I guess then it depends on what you want.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
      For ease, would it be worth in your mind going for the extra effort to put on the whole H23, or just use the A6/H23?

Thats Glordy you are awesome!

- Zipcreature
      If you have the A6 already on it then the H23 plenum is cake. Personally, I don't think it shifted my powerband at all; but it just makes more power all around. I don't have to press the gas as hard to get the same response as before.

But yea if you have the A6 the H23 top is stupid easy. I'd hate to have to had to do all the fuel and the gaskets and all that...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you have to swap the whole manifold anyway, I would probably stick with the H23 setup for ease.

The H23 does have slightly longer runners, which are theoretically better for low end torque.

The H series plenum on A6 runners, was primarily a choice of convenience, as I had the A6 manifold on already and an H22 sitting in the garage.

I agree with Glory too. I don't think it raised the powerband any, but it did make it stronger throughout with the biggest increase being 4K-6K. There were nice gains down low too.

In fact we went on a run this weekend and I didn't have much trouble pulling a bit on a V6 Accord Coupe, or a K24 Accord.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ok i have an h23 intake mani, i planned on doing the full tb/plenum/runners swap... should i just say screw the runners and use the a6? it will be easier that way right? which runners are better?

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
            ok i have an h23 intake mani, i planned on doing the full tb/plenum/runners swap... should i just say screw the runners and use the a6? it will be easier that way right? which runners are better?

It depends on what you have.

If you already have the A6 runners installed, I would probably just put the H series plenum on there.

As to which ones are better and why, the answer is a couple posts up.

Comment

oh ya, sorry brainfart, 2 hrs of reading i just missed that part where it says the h23 runners are better for low end torque.. guess im going to just do the whole thing

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

Well I did my H23 plenum install today, and so far I like it. Nice power gains overall when added to my f22a6 motor. No real problems with any of the install, as it was straight forward, with the exception of the coolant lines. Basically I had to bypass the FICV due to a blockage in there, which I will tackle later. The car runs perfect with this bypassed.
                2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
                1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

ok I've got a question. Where the FITV bolts up to the F22A6 plenum is not the same as on the H22A plenum. In fact I cannot find a single place to mount the F22A6's FITV to the H22A plenum. So what do I do with the FITV and the coolant lines going to it?

Also my H22A plenum has NO place for the air boost valve, not even a block-off plate, nothing at all, unless it's in a different place.
                  I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
                    ok I've got a question. Where the FITV bolts up to the F22A6 plenum is not the same as on the H22A plenum. In fact I cannot find a single place to mount the F22A6's FITV to the H22A plenum. So what do I do with the FITV and the coolant lines going to it?

Also my H22A plenum has NO place for the air boost valve, not even a block-off plate, nothing at all, unless it's in a different place.
                    The H series FIV is attached to the Throttle body, not the plenum, which is why there is no place to mount it.

You may have a JDM plenum, but if there is no block off valve in the same spot, just leave it off.

The air boost valve is not necessary.

Comment

so I guess I'll just have to figure out how to re-route the coolant lines?
                      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
                        so I guess I'll just have to figure out how to re-route the coolant lines?

Yes, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The IACV needs on line in and one line out.

Since it already will have one line in or out from the block, just run the other line to the spot on the IM where the FIV outlet ran.

Also, how are you doing this with an F series TB?

Comment

hehe, I'm still trying to find an H series TB. I know the F series TB won't fit the H series plenum.

Comment

The coolant diagram is posted in here, no worries

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

awesome writeup... i am about to send my throttle body to maxbore...

and then follow this thread step by step... good attention to detail.

Comment

I just swaped my f22b jdm plenum & TB on my f22a6 motor and I have a idle trouble. RPM jump up and down (800-1500 rpm) all the time at idle.
                                all vacuum line are pluged
                                coolant lines are plugued like this :

plus, secondaries butterflies dosen't open anymore

what could be wrong?
                                Last edited by AccordSe91; 09-08-2007, 09:32 PM.
                                My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X