No announcement yet.

ENG: H-series Plenum on F22A6 runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok sry to bump an old thread.. but i have an f22a1.. i wann a kno whats the best combo for this im swap.. am i right that only the a6 runners will bolt up to the a1 head? that would mean to get the best outta a a1 i need to do the a6runners with h23 plenium and tb. and get the a6 ecu so i dont throw any codes.. that sounds right??

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

correct, also a A6 cam to get that midrange power.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok cool.. i also have a another question.. if i did this IM swap then could i also so an ecu swap outta the 92-95 prelude. a p12? i kinda gathered from another thread that it might mess with the timing or something along those lines on the a6/h23 im setup. just curious cuz im going to the local junkyard tomorrow and i wanna kno wqhat to grab. and a p12 sounds like a good swap cuz u get around 5hp if im not mistaken..

8 Accords so far:

Comment

im not sure if a intake manifold messes with timing regardless of what ecu you run. the P12 should be okay for the h23/f22a6 manifold as long as you retain your stock cam and you setup your butterflies to be vacuum controlled and not by the ecu.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            im not sure if a intake manifold messes with timing regardless of what ecu you run. the P12 should be okay for the h23/f22a6 manifold as long as you retain your stock cam and you setup your butterflies to be vacuum controlled and not by the ecu.
            ok so if i get the p12 and the IM swap i definalty need the IAB black box so the vaccum will control the butterflies? and what if i went with the a6 cam would that make any difference? of would i be locked at the a1 cam with the p12 and the IM swap?

8 Accords so far:

Comment

cant use the iab box with a P12 since the preludes with P12's used single runner intake manifolds with their f22's.

you CAN run the P12 with a A6 cam but you wont get the same power as with a PT6. it sees like you may jsut be better off with the PT6.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

ok thx alot i was starting to gather that too.. it seems like between the pt6 and the p12 its 2 different paths i would have to take.. soo tmrw im looking for strictly a6 parts.. cam/pt6/im thx alot man i appreciate you steering me the right way

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Hey, I was just wondering how you confirmed they h22/h23 im was the same thing?? part # or visual comparison...ty!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    Hey, I was just wondering how you confirmed they h22/h23 im was the same thing?? part # or visual comparison...ty!

The IM isn't the same, only the plenum/TB.

And the plenum/TB's aren't EXACTLY the same, as I have seen a few with some minor variations, but overall, they bolt on.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

great just what i needed to hear thanks

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for the great pics, I was able to finish the swap quickly!
                        Everything worked out perfect, top end is alittle bit better now. It pulls bettter from 5.5k on. This is the only mod i have done to the car other then removing the intake silancer from the wheel well.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666
                          Just wanted to say thanks for the great pics, I was able to finish the swap quickly!
                          Everything worked out perfect, top end is alittle bit better now. It pulls bettter from 5.5k on. This is the only mod i have done to the car other then removing the intake silancer from the wheel well.

Thank you!!!
                          Glad it helped you.

Comment

okay, so let me get this straight after reading all of this thread.

All I need are the following parts pictured since I have an A6 already.

Just the TB and Upper intake plenum?

Can my F22A FITV fit on the H23? Or do I have to get a H23 FITV? I know for the IACV, you can swap between them.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGPIN33
                              okay, so let me get this straight after reading all of this thread.

All I need are the following parts pictured since I have an A6 already.

Just the TB and Upper intake plenum?

Can my F22A FITV fit on the H23? Or do I have to get a H23 FITV? I know for the IACV, you can swap between them.

Thanks.

That is all you need (in addition to new gaskets, etc.)

The FITV is on the TB on the H series (that big thing on the bottom), so the F22 version doesn't work, at least I don't think it does.

Comment

Thanks for the response!
                                This guy that I want to buy an IM and TB from doesn't come with the FITV... how much does an FITV usually run for?

Comment

Working...
                                X