Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KINGPIN33
    Thanks for the response!
    This guy that I want to buy an IM and TB from doesn't come with the FITV... how much does an FITV usually run for?

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

www.slhondaparts.com

Should be about $80 for a new one if I remember correctly.

Of course, you can also just build a blockoff plate, and not buy one at all. Just make sure you use Hondabond to seal it completely.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I'm just about to buy the TB and IM, but I just want to make sure nothing is busted. Below are side by side pics of the H23A TB/upper plenum.

The one I am interested in buying is missing 2 "nipples" which I circled in red. When you compare the two pics, one plenum has 2 more nipples than the other one I am interested in buying. Are they suppose to be there? Will the one I will be buying still be usable?

What I am interested in buying:

What I need:

Thanks.

Comment

You can use fittings as nipples, or you can carefully take off the nipples from your old IM and put them in that one.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          You can use fittings as nipples, or you can carefully take off the nipples from your old IM and put them in that one.
          what are fittings? I thought the nipples are like welded into the plenum?

Comment

Nope, they're not welded on there. You can pull them out, but it takes finesse if you don't want to mess them up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

KingPin- my plenum is the same way, I just checked, It may be like the difference in an lx plenum and an ex plenum, one has more nipples, but you can just make a t-fitting. Check out how I got mine done

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

So....if you used your stock f22a intake tubing over the h23 TB, you'll find it's a bit small, I had to make a cut in it to get it to fit, and unfortunatly the cut has expanded over time, and now there's a leak in the intake system. I bought some rubber mastic tape today to seal it up, but just a warning that this will liekly happen. I would really like to see if h22/h23 intake tubing could be used in conjunction with the f22a box.

See the rip there?

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                  So....if you used your stock f22a intake tubing over the h23 TB, you'll find it's a bit small, I had to make a cut in it to get it to fit, and unfortunatly the cut has expanded over time, and now there's a leak in the intake system. I bought some rubber mastic tape today to seal it up, but just a warning that this will liekly happen. I would really like to see if h22/h23 intake tubing could be used in conjunction with the f22a box.

See the rip there?

The rubber WILL stretch to fit. Once it stretches, it isn't a big deal. Mine still fits tightly, but it certainly does go on. I also haven't had any issues with it over the 2 years or so that it has been on there.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks accordaffair for clearing that up! greatly appreciated. So there are minor differences, but the inner air chamber between the LX and EX plenum should be the same right? If so, I'm going to buy it off this guy.

That kinda stinks about the crack... I guess the rubber is really old and has gone through a lot of heat cycles. I plan to relocate battery and shove a CD5 intake in the car with a v-stack intake. I can't believe i'm going to spend about 250 on all this intake stuff to gain more engine noise and like 2-5hp on the A6...

Thanks.
                    Last edited by KINGPIN33; 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Nah its my own fault, I couldn't get the tube to stretch, and I got upset and made a little cut to help me out, and that cut got larger over time.

So that sucks, but I wrapped it with some rubber tape today to work that out.

And yeah, the lack of nipples can always be addressed with some t-fittings, no huge deal.

Comment

To solve that crack issue you have on your intake tubing, you should look into a silicone coupler to put over the TB and the intake tube. They make them in all kinds of sizes, DO NOT get the Spektre pieces of crap couplers from Autozone, they don't even flex, its like they're made outta hard plastic or something. For my H23 TB, I added a Prelude 3" CAI to make the most outta the TB diameter being increased so I had to get a special coupler, a 3"-2.5" reducer coupler made outta silicone, it was 27 bucks from this shop called FULL RACE, but it could probably be had for cheaper online, probably ebay. But an AEM stock intake coupler will fit on the H23 TB if anyone is unsure that it will/will not. Owequitit and I did this swap back in Dec 07' and at that time I had my stock AEM CAI for the Accord TB.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I did consider that for a while, but the fact remains that the accord tubing is smaller diameter tubing. I'd like to get like a prelude intake, or maybe a japanese accord (h22) tubing (?)

I also want to increase the in and out size on the air box...

Comment

actually, MRX is selling some in his thread for CHEAP! like 5 bucks cheap, a 3-2.5 reducer coupler http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=99574

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

my coolant lines are so fucked up and this swap is making me miserable. Nice DIY, but I must not be smart enough

Comment

Do you guys know the torque specs on the 5 nuts/bolts that attatch the upper manifold to the lower? Also the torque specs for the TB?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X