No announcement yet.

ENG: H-series Plenum on F22A6 runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an a6 cam maybe I will put that in. I aso have the pt6 ecu so that will hopefully help. I was going to do a regrind but I am really worried of what affects the regrind with have on the otherwise stock valvtrain. I need the car to be reliable so I can drive 400 miles tommorow with no problems. Maybe a 260 regrind will be the better way to go? I dont need a street racing machine, just something to give the local ricers a bit of a run for the money.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

The A6 cam all by itself is worth most of the 10HP increase between the A4 and A6.

As far as regrind goes, I can't really say, because I don't have one. Most people on here don't seem to have any trouble with them, but I have no idea what their driving habits are. As far as a couple of people on here have said, Delta claims that a 272 doesn't require an upgrade, althought I think it might be a good idea. Call Delta and see, they seem to be honest and reputable.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so this would work vice versa right?

H runners with the f22a6 top?

i know it is still restricting but i really want to buy chile's h23 runners.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          so this would work vice versa right?

H runners with the f22a6 top?

i know it is still restricting but i really want to buy chile's h23 runners.
          On an F or H23? I don't think the H runners work on F's...

And let me just get this straight: the H23 manitop >>>>> the A6 manitop, like, noticeably? That sounds awesome...in combination with a 272 and a milled head this thing would rip...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

this is a sweet as write up. its similar to what im working on right now. using the f22b dohc top plenum on a obd2 f23 intake manifold. woo woo for intake hybrids...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              On an F or H23? I don't think the H runners work on F's...

And let me just get this straight: the H23 manitop >>>>> the A6 manitop, like, noticeably? That sounds awesome...in combination with a 272 and a milled head this thing would rip...
              like the f22a6 top onto the h23 runners...for a h23 head...
              I <3 G60.

Comment

The F22 A6 plenum will bolt to the top of the H23 runners yes. It would be a waste of time IMO, but it will work.

H22 Runners will NOT bolt to the F22. H23 Runners will, as will F22B runners, which are essentially the same as H23.

The H series TB is about 5mm larger in diameter than the F22 TB, and the plenum has approximately 2-3 times the volume. Just by eyballing it, I am sure it is closer to 2.

It provides a rather noticable increase. I have an auto, so if I want to utilize the entire power band, I have to shift it manually, otherwise it will shift at 6.1K. The car wants to pull to 6500 though. I am sure it would be fun with a 5 speed.

If done right, it can be very cheap.

Comment

I updated the pics that had circles in them, to make it a little easier to read and understand.

Comment

thanks going to do this soon, bought a h23 manifold.
                    yay
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Does anyone know for a FACT if the H23 FITV and IACV are uni-directional in terms of coolant flow??

If, please specific which ends on an H23 FITV and F22 IACV are inlets (I can obviously go from there).

Thanks.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yes its directional in a way, on the water pipe theres some coolant ports, one that goes to the FIV and then one that goes to the IACV, whats wacked is that one port goes to FIV and one comes out of the IACV and its really easy to mis place them and then you'll stand there for an hour trying to figure out why it wont idle right, remeber that your IACV has to have a coolant line going to the FIV, for a stock accord the IACV is infront and the FIV is next too it making less coolant hose needed, on an H23 you have to have more coolant hose to reach the FIV under the TB, i believe the lower coolant port goes to the IACV and the top coolant port goes to the FIV, for space you can get rid of that stupid coolant metal hose and just straight a coolant line to the FIV port directly under the TB, the second FIV port in the back goes to the IACV...is that what you were woundering?
                        Last edited by ehulst; 04-17-2006, 06:36 PM.
                        93 Accord- SOLD
                        94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Well, there is some debate as to the power gains on this setup.

I don't have an baseline on my engine on a dyno, but hopefully will have a dyno of this setup sometime in the near future, which should illustrate the changes in the power band if nothing else.

I can tell you this much for sure though. I have put several thousand miles on this setup, and it is good for a several point bump in fuel economy.

On my last trip to Lake Havasu (200MI one way, elevation change from 6,000 feet - 1800 feet MSL, stock wheels and tires, steady state 80MPH, in need of valve adjustment) I averaged 39MPG one way. On the return trip I averaged just above 36MPG. That is significantly (3-5MPG) higher than when the car was stock, or had the F22A6 plenum installed.

I have also managed a good 3-5MPG during in town driving, and tend to get an extra 60-70 miles per tank, with no change in driving habit.

The car also does not lose power quite as badly with the A/C on, which again indicates more power.

At $3 per gallon, that alone will pay for the cost in a short amount of time.

Comment

You have an f22a6 and all you needed to do was run the h23/h22 plenum and throttle body. I have an f22a1 so in order for this swap to work I'd need to get f22a6 runners(because of secondaries) and butterflies as well as one of the plenums mentioned above? A6 cams are also recommended do help gain the full potential. What are your thoughts about the 2 types of regrinds that delta offers? How bout getting a p6 ecu, whats the deal with that?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                              You have an f22a6 and all you needed to do was run the h23/h22 plenum and throttle body. I have an f22a1 so in order for this swap to work I'd need to get f22a6 runners(because of secondaries) and butterflies as well as one of the plenums mentioned above? A6 cams are also recommended do help gain the full potential. What are your thoughts about the 2 types of regrinds that delta offers? How bout getting a p6 ecu, whats the deal with that?
                              Wow, pretty knowledgable for a newb...anyways I dunno anything about Accord ECUs, but I'd recommend getting the F22A6 runners, ECU and "black box" (I think this is some vacuum operated switch for the secondaries) and the H22 plenum and throttle body. As far as cams it depends on what kind of sacrifices you're willing to make...for a low compression F22 I'd go with the "stage 1" cam, the Delta 260...but if you mill your head or get high compression pistons then the 272 would be a better bet. I think the second setup is what I'm gonna go with down the line.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Good suggestion on the regrind. I don't think my engine would be at its full potential with the 272 regrind but the 260 would be a suitable addition. As far as the ECU goes, I'm worried about getting a problem with my secondaries on the installed f22a6 runners (vaccum problem) like you mentioned. Can anyone shed some light on what the deal is with that? I'm willing to get the pt6 ECU if thats what I need to run the intake but I wanna know exactly what I need before I do anything foolish.
                                Last edited by LinX; 05-17-2006, 01:52 AM.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X