No announcement yet.

ENG: DIY polishing small parts with a dremel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, I've used a dremel to clean up parts before, but never thought they could get nearly that good looking. Guess I might have to put a lil more time into it. That shit looks like it was dipped in chrome.

Comment

Holy Crap my friend, That looks great. Nice work. I'm def doing this this summer when I do my engine rebuild.
      HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Comment

TypeG is the master at this, hands down

the time and patience it takes to do this is unreal

too bad you dont live closer to me because you would be making a lot of money off of me

Comment

Pics of parts on car? Now I know I need to get a new dremel, since the old one broke. I used the 80 grit that came with it to just real quickly make stuff shine pretty decently, but I had to hand sand from though. Now I know how to get proper gritted "bits" for it though

I know the block can be done, can the transmission?

Comment

/\/\ Yes the tran can be done, TypeG done his.
            cb007
            first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
              Pics of parts on car? Now I know I need to get a new dremel, since the old one broke. I used the 80 grit that came with it to just real quickly make stuff shine pretty decently, but I had to hand sand from though. Now I know how to get proper gritted "bits" for it though

I know the block can be done, can the transmission?
              yeah, 80 is way too course for polishing.

hard to tell in this pic, but it's polished. i only polished the parts you see when it's on the car. rest is normal.

later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I know. It works great if you make sure to move quickly enough to not put any marks in the metal. But now I need to get a manual transmission. I had no idea if it was steel or aluminum but if it's aluminum it must be polished.

Comment

Can you do a Master Cylinder?
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

This is AMAZING..

I definitely see myself doing this in my future after I get my car fixed and running right.

But then again; I would probably go crazy and try to polish everything, which might not be a bad idea, anyway thanks bro

G2G look at your MRT again lol.

Comment

How long does a piece of sand paper usually last you? I've been polishing a few parts and the paper lasts me like 1 minute before it needs to be changed? Also is it better if I start off with 400g or 240?

Comment

i tried this on my aftermarket strut bar but i used 600g sand paper and then a 1000g it didnt come out shiny since i did it all by hand but it did make a difference

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                        "2SIIC"
                        Authentic Jerseys for sale
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

damn...the result is crazy. wicked nice job, the dremel is definitely in my future list of purchase! amazing thanks for this DIY!

Comment

Working...
                          X